Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
0 members (),
137
guests, and
0
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,102 Posts1,056,184 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 1995 Posts: 1,159 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 1995 Posts: 1,159 | Can any of you tell me what the dimensions (length, width, position of mounting studs, etc) of the hood side Chevy emblem on the '35 to '38 trucks are? Are they the same for all four years?
A fellow sent me an email with a photo of one he's trying to identify. It looks like it's 18.5 inches wide.
Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks, John
~ One of many.
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | John, I have an old hood side emblem for my 37 "buried" somewhere up in the garage attic. Without even looking I can tell you it is not 18.5 inches wide!! You can see a pretty decent shot of the emblem if you go to the gallery and check out the 37. Let me know if I need to go up and dig out the old one?! Alvin | | | | | Joined: Sep 2003 Posts: 1,820 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2003 Posts: 1,820 | John - It is NOT 18.5 inches wide, it is 7 1/2" wide and 2 3/8" tall. Interestly, the General Motors trucks from that era had a very wide piece of trim on the side of the hoods in order for the words "General Motors" to fit on the insignia. Hope this helps! Joe 
"Truckin' Around .......... Since 1937!" My name is Joe and I am addicted to Classic Country Music. I just can't hep myself.Operators are standing by to take your calls! Now cruising in the Passing Lane | | | | | Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 1,144 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 1,144 | studs from outside of each 4 13/16 across. couldn't get webshots to cooperate today for pic. | | | | | Joined: Jan 2000 Posts: 2,074 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2000 Posts: 2,074 | There are reproductions avialable I'm sure. Try I & I Repros www.iandireproduction.com These folks sell quality parts lots of 30s stuff. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | if ordering repops be sure to ask if they are painted. I ordered one set and they were not painted while another supplier's is. | | | | | Joined: Nov 1995 Posts: 5,723 24601 | | 24601 Joined: Nov 1995 Posts: 5,723 | Okay guys -- Thanks. I'm not sure what he has, then. Maybe it's a wall hanger or some sort of dealership decoration/sign.
Regards, John
~ John A kid raised on Hotwheels, Matchbox and Tonka cannot be reasonably expected to own only one vehicle as an adult. 1949 Chevrolet 3804In the Legacy Gallery | In the Gallery Forum1973 IH 1310 Dump1963 Kaiser M38A12001 International/AmTran RE3000 "Skoolie"2014 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley) | | |
| |