The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (TUTS 59, Jay R, 2-Ton, Gdads51, JW51, Wally / Montana), 85 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,083
Posts1,056,332
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#217683 10/13/2006 7:27 PM
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 86
S
New Guy
New Guy
S Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 86
The link goes to a scan of a picture I have from the early 50's. It was a Philadelphia Insurance Patrol wagon placed in reserve. I forget the make and cannot see it in the picture. Any help would be appreciated.

I wish I had the truck!

http://www.geocities.com/oshacom/FireApparatus.html

#217684 10/13/2006 8:04 PM
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 158
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 158
I'm not an expert, but it doesn't look like a Chevy to me.

Brian

#217685 10/13/2006 8:56 PM
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,100
3
3B Offline
'Bolter
'Bolter
3 Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,100
Hy guys, thats an International mid thirties I think "D" series maybe, hope that helps.

#217686 10/13/2006 8:58 PM
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 874
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 874
Shmoo,

Looks like a 1940 or so International to me.


Steve

'49 3800
'52 3600
'57 3100

#217687 10/13/2006 9:01 PM
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 874
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 874


Steve

'49 3800
'52 3600
'57 3100

#217688 10/13/2006 10:53 PM
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,988
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,988
That's an International D-Series, probably a D-30 or so. I believe they made them from about 1937 till around 1940. Nice looking truck. Wish I had it!!


Rich
1947 Loadmaster
1947 Chev. Loadmaster
1959 Chev. Viking 40

Life is short--eat dessert first!
#217689 10/14/2006 3:01 AM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 382
A
'Bolter
'Bolter
A Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 382
They are really nice looking. There is a 1/2T down the street from my work that's for sale. Like to own it someday, but any money I can get my hands on is going for my '51 3600 thats on layaway! grin


1948 Chevrolet 1-Ton Grain Truck
In the Stovebolt Gallery SOLD
More pix in Photobucket

"A Man & His Truck--It's a Beautiful Thing!"

"You're never 100% ready, you're just next"....Ty Murray
#217690 10/14/2006 3:46 AM
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,442
Moderator - The Electrical Bay
Moderator - The Electrical Bay
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,442
37-40 international D series truck


Another quality post.
Real Trucks Rattle
HELP! The Paranoids are after me!
#217691 10/14/2006 2:34 PM
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 86
S
New Guy
New Guy
S Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 86
Thanks, Everyone! Great info. Appreciate yer help as always!!!!

#217692 10/17/2006 9:02 AM
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,897
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,897
looks just like a 1946 america la france fire engine I saw this last weekend with a huge flat head v-12

#217693 10/17/2006 9:56 AM
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 688
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 688
I don't know.... but I like it.

Cliff59


Deluxe \'52, Savoy \'54 Apache59
"She may not be the youngest girl at the ball, but she can still turn a head or two."

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0