The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (dt235sd, Brian Moore, Otto Skorzeny, jeffreyguy, J Lucas, Gray_Ghost), 145 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,107
Posts1,056,225
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#214485 08/25/2006 3:48 PM
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 63
R
Member
Member
R Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 63
I know one of you 'bolters is gonna have the solution... the wheels on my truck are 16.5's and take the newer style hubcap (no clips, just the 3 raised 'bumps' that a hubcap would snap over). I measured and it looks like I need an 11 inch hubcap. I want a round style, preferably a baby moon. Any ideas where I can find some that I can order on-line? thanks, randy

#214486 08/25/2006 4:09 PM
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
you might try this one
link

you might also try the search selector at the top of the page.. just enter hubcabs or what ever and go to the section that you may need,, general truck, engine, etc.........

what yr is your truck?


Redryder pix
My Hotrod
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of "up to and including my life."
I am fighting cancer and I am winning the fight | Pain is part of life; misery is an option.

#214487 08/25/2006 6:22 PM
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 734
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 734
I'm guessing you've a 3/4 or 1 ton with 16.5 rims. I looked into this a bit as I have the same type rim, and there's plenty online. The trouble is the depth. They're primarily made with the 1/2 ton in mind. So, to fit over the rear hub, I had to inquire first about the depth. Either nobody ever bothered to email me back (Paulsen was one of these places), or said, "I don't know. They're in our warehouse." One place gave me actual dimensions. Not deep enough.
I found plenty of new and old baby moons on ebay. Here, it was easy to ask about the depth and sometimes it was even listed in description.
After all my searching, I decided to just have bare rims with chrome lugs.
As far as mounting, I was planning on using hubcap clips which are available from the truck parts places. Weld 'em, screw 'em, or rivet 'em.
-David


Tradin' up dimes for nickels...
'`'`'`'`'`'`
My \'65 Chevy C-20
#214488 08/25/2006 6:41 PM
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 63
R
Member
Member
R Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 63
Thanks guys! Yeah, my truck is a '54 3600 pickup and it DOES have the big ol' rear hub sticking out.
Thanks for your ideas... randy

#214489 08/25/2006 7:25 PM
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,158
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,158
I'm not sure if these'll work, but have a peek .

You probably want to look at TR-144. They are for the 46-53.1 models, but you may be able to get the clippies (they're on the same page) and make them work with your wheels.

Good Luck!


~#~#~#~#~
1946 Chevrolet 3600 - "Old Number Seven"

Cavalry's Here. Cavalry's a frightened guy with a rock, but it's here.

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0