Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,109 Posts1,056,269 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 571 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 571 | I have been searching for a while now for insurance on "Ole Ruby". It's been hard to find full coverage for a daily driver without being garaged and limited on mileage. I just insured her with State Farm. I have 100/300/100 Bodily injury and property damage with $100 deductable on comp & collision, 100/300 uninsured motor vehicle bodily injury and emergency road side assistance on my 49 1/2 ton. No mileage restrictions or 2nd vehicle BS either. This is on a "Stated Value" of 10k. I drove her to the agents office and all they did was take a picture. $24.09/ month. I was so suprised at the low cost, I made the agent triple check. Thought some of you all may want to check it out. Hope it helps somebody.  | | | | | Joined: Oct 2005 Posts: 688 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2005 Posts: 688 | Hey there, Thats GREAT for a daily Driver. I think that I should look into this too. thanks Cliff59 | | | | | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 926 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 926 |  Mine is through progressive;36.00 a month for the bare bones liability,and I thought that was pretty good!! Wonder if they'd do a deal like that out here in the great uncharted wilderness... Speed | | | | | Joined: Mar 2006 Posts: 20 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Mar 2006 Posts: 20 | Shipwright "This is on a "Stated Value" of 10k." Bad news "Stated value" is not what they will pay if you total the truck. Just what you want it insured for but they do not have to pay that price. I had "Stated Value" insurance with State Farm for $12,000.00 & they only paid $4,000.00 when it was totaled. :mad: You want a "Agreeded Value" policy with a pro appraisal. Believe me a State Farm "Stated Value" policy is not worth the paper it is written on. I still have State Farm Ins. but not on my 57GMC or the 57 BelAir  | | | | | Joined: Sep 2003 Posts: 2,384 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2003 Posts: 2,384 | I have State Farm , I had liablity & uninsured motorist etc-they paid me $6800 for an unrestored 64 C10 I lost under uninsured(hit & run),,here are pics RIP old black truck no complaints,,brian | | | | | Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 571 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 571 | My agent said it was up to me to prove the value at 10k if it was totaled. I have a laundry list of stuff I have done to improve the truck. She said as long as it is documented, it was covered. Hope I never have to find out. Still beats the heck out of what I WAS paying for liability alone.  | | | | | Joined: Apr 2004 Posts: 543 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2004 Posts: 543 | Go with "agreed value" with a professional appraisal (or two!). "Stated value" isn't worth the keystrokes to send the policy and is meaningless. Believe me, I know! The appraisals and documentation meant nothing to USAA when my beautifully done '70 Ford F-250 was completely destroyed in a tornado three years ago. They paid me less than half of what the truck was worth (insured value), only after I took them to the State Insurance Commission after they offered me a fourth of the value!!!
Get the agreed value!!! Get the agreed value!!! Get the agreed value!!!
Pessimist - Sees glass as half-empty. Optimist - Sees glass as half-full. Gov't- Sees glass and takes it from you because you have a glass. Political Correctness: A philosophical belief system bereft of common sense and logic, that supports and rewards ignorance and stupidity.
| | | | | Joined: Oct 2002 Posts: 4,066 Bolter | | Bolter Joined: Oct 2002 Posts: 4,066 | I had my 52 insured thru farmers , for only 5,000..full coveraged.. I believe it was over 500 bucks a yr,,, dropped it and went to haggerty for 12,000 value,,etc for 200 bucks a yr..
you got a deal on yours for sure.. cliff59,,,,,,,,,,dont think you will get that deal here.......... Redryder pixMy HotrodA veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of "up to and including my life."I am fighting cancer and I am winning the fight | Pain is part of life; misery is an option. | | | | | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 37 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 37 | I am getting my truck reappraised asap.I had to get it appraised when i first got the truck. The ministry of transportation required one for the ownership change.The guy who did it, appraised it low so I wouldn't have to pay higher taxes at the MTO.
I have fire and theft on it now ( its title unfit )with State Farm.
I was at a shed fire this morning and in this shed was a 1968 Satelite totally restored and appraised, a 1968 charger ready for paint, no appraised value on the car. Both cars were destroyed by the fire. I don't know what kind of insurance he has.
Rob | | | | | Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 6,377 Ex Hall Monitor | | Ex Hall Monitor Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 6,377 | 24.09 per month = $289.08 per year. As Joker stated Hagerty is much cheaper and had no mileage restrictions the last time I checked.
Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet. The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion. Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 571 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 571 | I'll go get her appraised and get the "agreed upon value". I checked with all the classic car insurance companies and they all had garage and/ or mileage restrictions. Most also stated that it could not be a primary use vehicle either. Thanks for all the input fellers.  | | | | | Joined: May 2006 Posts: 679 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: May 2006 Posts: 679 | As a reference point, here's what I've signed up for:
$300,000 combined single limit personal liability; $55,000 uninsured motorist coverage; $2500 PIP, No Comp or Collision Deductible, $250.00 UM/PD deductible,
This is based on a $10,000 stated value of a '58 235, 1500 miles annually, no trailers, no minor drivers.
Total price per year: $130, about 11 bucks a month. Quote was supplied on 6/10/06 and double-checked on 6/12. | | | | | Joined: Jun 2003 Posts: 156 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2003 Posts: 156 | TxLaTx , who was that with? Sounds real good.
"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time"
Lt Gen. Lewis B."Chesty" Puller, USMC | | | | | Joined: Sep 2003 Posts: 324 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2003 Posts: 324 | Just signed up with Hagertys for my 53. Agreed value of $20,000 for $200 a year. Seamed like a good deal to me. Tom | | | | | Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 549 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 549 | I went the pro appraisal route as well, on the appraisers letterhead - 15K daily driver, etc, etc...well worth it.. The appraisal cost me a fifth of Crown..  | | | | | Joined: Oct 2002 Posts: 4,066 Bolter | | Bolter Joined: Oct 2002 Posts: 4,066 | avette, that is why I went to hagertys, dont think you have that issue with them, your value is what you decide and pay for.........I hope Redryder pixMy HotrodA veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of "up to and including my life."I am fighting cancer and I am winning the fight | Pain is part of life; misery is an option. | | | | | Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 549 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 549 | i always thought your mileage was limited with haggertys | | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 | Hagerty Terms No specific mileage limits. You cannot drive it on a daily basis (to your job and back each day) or for commercial purposes (as a truck/hauler for pay). They ask you for an estimate of your annual driving miles - the premium might be affected by the amount of miles. | | | | | Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 1,158 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 1,158 | I was just down there (to Hagerty's offices) yesterday talking to an agent about insurance. The preliminary quote was good and I know where they live! Avette: Tiny and tclederman are right. They don't specifically limit your mileage, but they REALLY do not want you to use it as a daily driver or as a "commercial vehicle" (hauler/taxi, et cetera). | | |
| |