The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (JW51), 151 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,113
Posts1,056,279
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#209118 06/06/2006 5:41 AM
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 571
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 571
I have been searching for a while now for insurance on "Ole Ruby". It's been hard to find full coverage for a daily driver without being garaged and limited on mileage. I just insured her with State Farm. I have 100/300/100 Bodily injury and property damage with $100 deductable on comp & collision, 100/300 uninsured motor vehicle bodily injury and emergency road side assistance on my 49 1/2 ton. No mileage restrictions or 2nd vehicle BS either. This is on a "Stated Value" of 10k. I drove her to the agents office and all they did was take a picture. $24.09/ month. I was so suprised at the low cost, I made the agent triple check. Thought some of you all may want to check it out. Hope it helps somebody. cool

#209119 06/06/2006 6:05 AM
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 688
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 688
Hey there,
Thats GREAT for a daily Driver. I think that I should look into this too. smile

thanks


Cliff59


Deluxe \'52, Savoy \'54 Apache59
"She may not be the youngest girl at the ball, but she can still turn a head or two."
#209120 06/06/2006 9:05 AM
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 926
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 926
eek Mine is through progressive;36.00 a month for the bare bones liability,and I thought that was pretty good!! Wonder if they'd do a deal like that out here in the great uncharted wilderness...
Speed


1954 GMC 350
1957 GMC 1/2 ton
1962 Chevy C-30
1952 Chevy 6400 dump bed project truck
'98 Harley FLSTC
'66 Pontiac Catalina
'76 Chevy 1 ton Duallie
'84 Bronco II
'78 Dodge W-200
'81 Toyota 4X4 truck
#209121 06/06/2006 1:52 PM
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 20
B
New Guy
New Guy
B Offline
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 20
Shipwright
"This is on a "Stated Value" of 10k."

Bad news frown

"Stated value" is not what they will pay if you total the truck. Just what you want it insured for but they do not have to pay that price.
I had "Stated Value" insurance with State Farm for $12,000.00 & they only paid $4,000.00 when it was totaled. :mad:
You want a "Agreeded Value" policy with a pro appraisal. wink
Believe me a State Farm "Stated Value" policy is not worth the paper it is written on. eek
I still have State Farm Ins. but not on my 57GMC or the 57 BelAir wink

#209122 06/06/2006 2:10 PM
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,384
6
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
6 Offline
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,384
I have State Farm , I had liablity & uninsured motorist etc-they paid me $6800 for an unrestored 64 C10 I lost under uninsured(hit & run),,here are pics RIP old black truck no complaints,,brian


My \'64\'s in the Gallery
Pictures in my Photobucket
1964 C10 Custom Cab 350/700R4
1964 Suburban 350/700R4
1979 Ford F350 4x4 400/c6
#209123 06/06/2006 3:18 PM
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 571
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 571
My agent said it was up to me to prove the value at 10k if it was totaled. I have a laundry list of stuff I have done to improve the truck. She said as long as it is documented, it was covered. Hope I never have to find out. Still beats the heck out of what I WAS paying for liability alone. cool

#209124 06/06/2006 6:19 PM
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 543
P
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
P Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 543
Go with "agreed value" with a professional appraisal (or two!). "Stated value" isn't worth the keystrokes to send the policy and is meaningless. Believe me, I know! The appraisals and documentation meant nothing to USAA when my beautifully done '70 Ford F-250 was completely destroyed in a tornado three years ago. They paid me less than half of what the truck was worth (insured value), only after I took them to the State Insurance Commission after they offered me a fourth of the value!!!

Get the agreed value!!! Get the agreed value!!! Get the agreed value!!!


Pessimist - Sees glass as half-empty. Optimist - Sees glass as half-full. Gov't- Sees glass and takes it from you because you have a glass.
Political Correctness: A philosophical belief system bereft of common sense and logic, that supports and rewards ignorance and stupidity.

#209125 06/06/2006 6:23 PM
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
I had my 52 insured thru farmers , for only 5,000..full coveraged.. I believe it was over 500 bucks a yr,,, dropped it and went to haggerty for 12,000 value,,etc for 200 bucks a yr..


you got a deal on yours for sure..
cliff59,,,,,,,,,,dont think you will get that deal here..........


Redryder pix
My Hotrod
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of "up to and including my life."
I am fighting cancer and I am winning the fight | Pain is part of life; misery is an option.

#209126 06/06/2006 7:14 PM
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 37
E
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
E Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 37
I am getting my truck reappraised asap.I had to get it appraised when i first got the truck. The ministry of transportation required one for the ownership change.The guy who did it, appraised it low so I wouldn't have to pay higher taxes at the MTO.

I have fire and theft on it now ( its title unfit )with State Farm.

I was at a shed fire this morning and in this shed was a 1968 Satelite totally restored and appraised, a 1968 charger ready for paint, no appraised value on the car. Both cars were destroyed by the fire. I don't know what kind of insurance he has.


Rob

#209127 06/06/2006 8:00 PM
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,377
T
Ex Hall Monitor
Ex Hall Monitor
T Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,377
24.09 per month = $289.08 per year. As Joker stated Hagerty is much cheaper and had no mileage restrictions the last time I checked.


Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet.
The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion.
Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.
#209128 06/06/2006 9:09 PM
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 571
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 571
I'll go get her appraised and get the "agreed upon value". I checked with all the classic car insurance companies and they all had garage and/ or mileage restrictions. Most also stated that it could not be a primary use vehicle either. Thanks for all the input fellers. wink

#209129 06/14/2006 9:00 PM
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 679
T
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
T Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 679
As a reference point, here's what I've signed up for:

$300,000 combined single limit personal liability;
$55,000 uninsured motorist coverage;
$2500 PIP,
No Comp or Collision Deductible,
$250.00 UM/PD deductible,

This is based on a $10,000 stated value of a '58 235, 1500 miles annually, no trailers, no minor drivers.

Total price per year: $130, about 11 bucks a month. Quote was supplied on 6/10/06 and double-checked on 6/12.

#209130 06/14/2006 9:14 PM
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 156
A
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
A Offline
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 156
TxLaTx , who was that with? Sounds real good.


"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of
us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time"

Lt Gen. Lewis B."Chesty" Puller, USMC
#209131 06/14/2006 10:13 PM
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 324
2
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
2 Offline
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 324
Just signed up with Hagertys for my 53. Agreed value of $20,000 for $200 a year. Seamed like a good deal to me.
Tom

#209132 06/14/2006 10:20 PM
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 549
A
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
A Offline
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 549
Quote
Originally posted by Brent's 57 GMC:
Shipwright
"This is on a "Stated Value" of 10k."

Bad news frown

"Stated value" is not what they will pay if you total the truck. Just what you want it insured for but they do not have to pay that price.
I had "Stated Value" insurance with State Farm for $12,000.00 & they only paid $4,000.00 when it was totaled. :mad:
You want a "Agreeded Value" policy with a pro appraisal. wink
Believe me a State Farm "Stated Value" policy is not worth the paper it is written on. eek
I still have State Farm Ins. but not on my 57GMC or the 57 BelAir wink
I went the pro appraisal route as well, on the appraisers letterhead - 15K daily driver, etc, etc...well worth it..

The appraisal cost me a fifth of Crown.. grin

#209133 06/14/2006 10:28 PM
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
avette, that is why I went to hagertys, dont think you have that issue with them, your value is what you decide and pay for.........I hope


Redryder pix
My Hotrod
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of "up to and including my life."
I am fighting cancer and I am winning the fight | Pain is part of life; misery is an option.

#209134 06/14/2006 10:32 PM
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 549
A
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
A Offline
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 549
i always thought your mileage was limited with haggertys

#209135 06/15/2006 1:00 AM
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Hagerty Terms

No specific mileage limits. You cannot drive it on a daily basis (to your job and back each day) or for commercial purposes (as a truck/hauler for pay).

They ask you for an estimate of your annual driving miles - the premium might be affected by the amount of miles.

#209136 06/15/2006 2:59 AM
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,158
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,158
I was just down there (to Hagerty's offices) yesterday talking to an agent about insurance. The preliminary quote was good and I know where they live! grin

Avette: Tiny and tclederman are right. They don't specifically limit your mileage, but they REALLY do not want you to use it as a daily driver or as a "commercial vehicle" (hauler/taxi, et cetera).


~#~#~#~#~
1946 Chevrolet 3600 - "Old Number Seven"

Cavalry's Here. Cavalry's a frightened guy with a rock, but it's here.

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0