The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (RoadsScholar, Otto Skorzeny, 1 invisible), 197 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,108
Posts1,056,231
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#206204 04/18/2006 9:17 PM
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,252
"Hey! I sound like Darth Vader!!
"Hey! I sound like Darth Vader!!
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,252
http://www.bunchobikes.com/1952suburban3.htm

It's nice to have it on wheels again!

#206205 04/18/2006 9:19 PM
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 627
5
'Bolter
'Bolter
5 Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 627
Sweeeeet!!!! Congratulations.


Mike Barnes
1950 GMC 1-ton pickup
#206206 04/18/2006 10:18 PM
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,969
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,969
smile :p COOL! wink cool


Professional Novice
#206207 04/19/2006 7:10 AM
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 990
A
Member
Member
A Offline
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 990
Corvette motor? Hmmm....power should be...um...adequate! wink

#206208 04/19/2006 8:07 AM
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 688
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 688
Hey if ya don't want that moter (due to high fuel costs) I will be happy to trade out a choice "money saving" Stovebolt 6 235!! smile

Ok its just a thought! :rolleyes:

Cliff59


Deluxe \'52, Savoy \'54 Apache59
"She may not be the youngest girl at the ball, but she can still turn a head or two."
#206209 04/19/2006 9:57 AM
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,252
"Hey! I sound like Darth Vader!!
"Hey! I sound like Darth Vader!!
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,252
Quote
Originally posted by CLIFF59:
Hey if ya don't want that moter (due to high fuel costs) I will be happy to trade out a choice "money saving" Stovebolt 6 235!! smile

Ok its just a thought! :rolleyes:

Cliff59
I wish you would have told me before I fabricated the motor mounts!! wink

#206210 04/19/2006 1:27 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks very nice. Clean subframe work. Keep the momentum going!

#206211 04/19/2006 6:52 PM
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 15
M
Junior Member
Junior Member
M Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 15
Nice subframe work. I wish mine looked that good. Nice shop too!


1962 Stepside
1948 GMC
1969 Chevelle
http://mgiles5.photosite.com/
#206212 04/19/2006 8:02 PM
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,867
R
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,867
Nice!!! Im a bit jealous of your shop though... Im crawling over fenders, tires and car parts to get anything done!


My 1953 Chevrolet
1947.1 Gallery
1972 C-10 1/2 Ton & 1972 C-30 1 Ton
#206213 04/19/2006 9:10 PM
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 125
R
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 125
Nice work, can't wait for mine to look like that (but without the 'vette engine - I'm going for the economical 216 in mine). wink

And real nice shop, add me to the list of bolters with a green face. I'd have mine in the garage here at the house but my wife wants to put the running cars in it. Can you imagine? :confused:


Jim Blake
Help support the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (www.lls.org) through Team in Training (www.teamintraining.org). Help put a stop to ALL cancers.

My truck: '49 3800 Stakebed/Dump
#206214 04/20/2006 3:37 AM
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,252
"Hey! I sound like Darth Vader!!
"Hey! I sound like Darth Vader!!
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,252
Don't get too jealous. I think the powers that be are about ready to kick my project out of there.

#206215 04/20/2006 6:01 AM
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 926
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 926
Might be worth a substantial bribe to keep it under cover until it's at least a driver again. wink
Speed


1954 GMC 350
1957 GMC 1/2 ton
1962 Chevy C-30
1952 Chevy 6400 dump bed project truck
'98 Harley FLSTC
'66 Pontiac Catalina
'76 Chevy 1 ton Duallie
'84 Bronco II
'78 Dodge W-200
'81 Toyota 4X4 truck
#206216 04/20/2006 7:03 AM
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 738
F
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
F Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 738
Hey are those bullet holes in the windshield in the before pictures?? Cause that would be awesome! Cool truck man, I am jealous of the nice motor, good luck.

Kyle


"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." - George S. Patton

My Machine
#206217 04/20/2006 9:05 AM
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,252
"Hey! I sound like Darth Vader!!
"Hey! I sound like Darth Vader!!
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,252
That's what everyone thinks so I might just run with it. However, the PO told me it was from kids throwing rocks. Thankfully, they didn't break the two rear windows!! Hopefully, I won't either!!

#206218 04/20/2006 1:25 PM
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 310
T
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
T Offline
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 310
Quote
add me to the list of bolters with a green face
Way to go, good welding, great project and a very nice shop to do it in.

I need to find a burb too


Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0