The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (FAST55, Donf, Hanks custodian, CuzzFuzz), 95 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,139
Posts1,056,446
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#176637 11/12/2004 3:48 AM
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 390
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 390
If you dont have a fire extingwisher with in close reach in your garage now, go get one ... frown


1942 1\2 Ton
1951 1\2 Ton 55 willys cj-5
1954 and 59 Cushman Scooter
1960 Biscayne Sedan
1965 G/10 panel van
1966 C/30 Grizzly Motorhome
You know you're a 'Bolter when your daily driver is older than you are...
My progress pics
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 1,745
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 1,745
I hope you are not speaking from experience?


54 3100 with 235
62 flatbed dump C60 with 261
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
Extreme Gabster
Extreme Gabster
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
A very good suggestion. Let me add to it. Check it now and then. I haven't thought about mine for a while. It's sitting there right handy but does it have dirt daubers in the nozzle? Has it bled down? I'll check tommorrow. Thanks for the reminder.


"It's just a phase. He'll grow out of it." Mama, 1964

1956 Chevy 1/2-ton 3100
1953 Chevy 6100 "The Yard dog"
1954 GMC Suburban Now with a new proud owner.
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 390
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 390
Priming a truck that had run out of gas.A back fire out the carb lit a pretty good blaze.Itryed beating it out with my hat but that just seemed to spread it.A month ago i bought two fire extinguishers at an auction and hung them at each end of the garage.At first i forgot i had them.I wont be without a gain.


1942 1\2 Ton
1951 1\2 Ton 55 willys cj-5
1954 and 59 Cushman Scooter
1960 Biscayne Sedan
1965 G/10 panel van
1966 C/30 Grizzly Motorhome
You know you're a 'Bolter when your daily driver is older than you are...
My progress pics
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 272
I
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
I Offline
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 272
My brother set his head on fire doin that.

gotta be extremely careful.


Don't you know who I think I am?
I've been thinkin' about freaking out. If I could just find the time.
http://community.webshots.com/user/ifrizlfri
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 115
4
'Bolter
'Bolter
4 Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 115
I was headed camping this past summer on a windy day. I was on a fire road in far northern CA. I was driving my CJ 5 and pulling an old military trailer. My buddy put his chairs on top of a spare battery I had in the trailer. it arced across the terminals and caught fire. By the time I got to it with the extinguisher a 1 gallon can of colman fuel had a hole burnt in it and was shooting flames many feet into the air. Without the extinguisher You would have seen me on the news.
I bought a new extinguisher as soon as I got home.


Brian D
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 384
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 384
From the sound of things--all you guys need extinguishers--wives shouldn't let you go around equipment w/o asbestos suits. Sweet heysous you boys are dangerous-- grin grin grin


Buzz'n Half Dozen
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 1,745
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 1,745
I tried to put out one of those with a hat once, I actually had to use my jacket. Threw it over the carb and that did the trick. Sure miss that jacket...


54 3100 with 235
62 flatbed dump C60 with 261
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893
W
Socket Breaker
Socket Breaker
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893
I want to get a extinguisher for my '65 c10 ... ?I have no idea where to go look for one tho'... nor where to mount it. It's kinda cramped in that regualr cab... hehee..

-W

Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 285
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 285
Got mine! grin

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,144
K
'Bolter
'Bolter
K Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,144
Woogeroo, Most Heavy duty truck dealerships sell them. they are required on heavy trucks by the DOT. They will be the correct rating (ABC) for automotive uses and include mounting bracket. Get creative on mounting location. if you mount it outside cover to protect from weather. Be sure where ever you mount it that its easily accessable and you can reach the clasp to turn it loose from mounting bracket


Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0