| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,139 Posts1,056,447 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Sep 2000 Posts: 390 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2000 Posts: 390 | If you dont have a fire extingwisher with in close reach in your garage now, go get one ... 
1942 1\2 Ton 1951 1\2 Ton 55 willys cj-5 1954 and 59 Cushman Scooter 1960 Biscayne Sedan 1965 G/10 panel van 1966 C/30 Grizzly Motorhome You know you're a 'Bolter when your daily driver is older than you are... My progress pics | | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 1,745 Member | | Member Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 1,745 | I hope you are not speaking from experience?
54 3100 with 235 62 flatbed dump C60 with 261
| | | | | Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 Extreme Gabster | | Extreme Gabster Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 | A very good suggestion. Let me add to it. Check it now and then. I haven't thought about mine for a while. It's sitting there right handy but does it have dirt daubers in the nozzle? Has it bled down? I'll check tommorrow. Thanks for the reminder. | | | | | Joined: Sep 2000 Posts: 390 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2000 Posts: 390 | Priming a truck that had run out of gas.A back fire out the carb lit a pretty good blaze.Itryed beating it out with my hat but that just seemed to spread it.A month ago i bought two fire extinguishers at an auction and hung them at each end of the garage.At first i forgot i had them.I wont be without a gain.
1942 1\2 Ton 1951 1\2 Ton 55 willys cj-5 1954 and 59 Cushman Scooter 1960 Biscayne Sedan 1965 G/10 panel van 1966 C/30 Grizzly Motorhome You know you're a 'Bolter when your daily driver is older than you are... My progress pics | | | | | Joined: Jun 2002 Posts: 272 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2002 Posts: 272 | My brother set his head on fire doin that.
gotta be extremely careful. | | | | | Joined: May 2001 Posts: 115 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2001 Posts: 115 | I was headed camping this past summer on a windy day. I was on a fire road in far northern CA. I was driving my CJ 5 and pulling an old military trailer. My buddy put his chairs on top of a spare battery I had in the trailer. it arced across the terminals and caught fire. By the time I got to it with the extinguisher a 1 gallon can of colman fuel had a hole burnt in it and was shooting flames many feet into the air. Without the extinguisher You would have seen me on the news. I bought a new extinguisher as soon as I got home.
Brian D
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2001 Posts: 384 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2001 Posts: 384 |
Buzz'n Half Dozen
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 1,745 Member | | Member Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 1,745 | I tried to put out one of those with a hat once, I actually had to use my jacket. Threw it over the carb and that did the trick. Sure miss that jacket...
54 3100 with 235 62 flatbed dump C60 with 261
| | | | | Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 2,893 Socket Breaker | | Socket Breaker Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 2,893 | I want to get a extinguisher for my '65 c10 ... ?I have no idea where to go look for one tho'... nor where to mount it. It's kinda cramped in that regualr cab... hehee..
-W | | | | | Joined: Nov 2003 Posts: 285 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2003 Posts: 285 | Got mine!  | | | | | Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 1,144 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 1,144 | Woogeroo, Most Heavy duty truck dealerships sell them. they are required on heavy trucks by the DOT. They will be the correct rating (ABC) for automotive uses and include mounting bracket. Get creative on mounting location. if you mount it outside cover to protect from weather. Be sure where ever you mount it that its easily accessable and you can reach the clasp to turn it loose from mounting bracket | | |
| |
| |