| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
0 members (),
108
guests, and
0
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,115 Posts1,056,292 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: May 2004 Posts: 204 Member | | Member Joined: May 2004 Posts: 204 | What all years of Chevrolet 6 cylinder air cleaners are the exact same as what came out on a '66 w/250 6 cylinder? Were they oil bath cleaners in '66? It's the only thing missing on my new to me '66 C10 that I just posted pics. of. I've found one on e-bay for a '55-'59 but I don't know if that's exactly like the '66 or not. Very much in need of a good original one.
Thanks, Mike | | | | | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 313 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 313 | Mike.
My 1966 C-10 with a 250 has the disposable paper element. I bought this truck in 1994 with 46,500 miles on it, and it was original. I think the oil bath type was used a bit earlier, but I may be wrong. I know that my girlfriend's 1957 Oldsmobile 371 engine has the oil bath type, but that is an entirely different vehicle.
Check some boneyards, you might find the correct one for your truck, but dont't get one later than 1967. I think the 1968 and later ones are different.
Doug 57. | | | | | Joined: May 2004 Posts: 204 Member | | Member Joined: May 2004 Posts: 204 | Can someone post a pic. of their air cleaner on a '66 250 or a link to a photo? I don't have one to go by. I want to make sure I buy the correct one for my truck.
Thanks, Mike | | | | | | Anonymous Unregistered | | Anonymous Unregistered | If it means anything, my 64 230 has an oil bath. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 3,068 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 3,068 | My 64 230 had a paper element, Scott | | | | | Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 1,552 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 1,552 | M.Smith:
I have an original paper element air cleaner for a '66 with a factory six cylinder. Send me a personal e-mail since I don't think we are supposed to buying/selling in this forum. | | | | | | Anonymous Unregistered | | Anonymous Unregistered | Thats interesting scott. was that an option. Or is mine not original(could easily be)?. | | | | | Joined: Sep 2003 Posts: 2,384 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2003 Posts: 2,384 | | | | | | Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 3,068 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 3,068 | I think the oil bath's died out in the pick-ups when the 235 died out, sometime in 1962, Scott | | | | | Joined: Sep 2003 Posts: 2,384 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2003 Posts: 2,384 | I had a 70 w/factory oil bath. Heavy duty air cleaner option. Still available then. Brian | | | | | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 313 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 313 | According to my owner's manual, the oil bath cleaner was available that year. It probably was optional.
Doug 57. | | |
| |
| |