The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 108 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,115
Posts1,056,292
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#171054 04/15/2005 7:17 PM
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 204
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 204
What all years of Chevrolet 6 cylinder air cleaners are the exact same as what came out on a '66 w/250 6 cylinder? Were they oil bath cleaners in '66? It's the only thing missing on my new to me '66 C10 that I just posted pics. of. I've found one on e-bay for a '55-'59 but I don't know if that's exactly like the '66 or not. Very much in need of a good original one.

Thanks,
Mike

#171055 04/15/2005 8:16 PM
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 313
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 313
Mike.

My 1966 C-10 with a 250 has the disposable paper element. I bought this truck in 1994 with 46,500 miles on it, and it was original. I think the oil bath type was used a bit earlier, but I may be wrong. I know that my girlfriend's 1957 Oldsmobile 371 engine has the oil bath type, but that is an entirely different vehicle.

Check some boneyards, you might find the correct one for your truck, but dont't get one later than 1967. I think the 1968 and later ones are different.

Doug 57.

#171056 04/15/2005 9:03 PM
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 204
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 204
Can someone post a pic. of their air cleaner on a '66 250 or a link to a photo? I don't have one to go by. I want to make sure I buy the correct one for my truck.

Thanks,
Mike

#171057 04/15/2005 11:24 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If it means anything, my 64 230 has an oil bath.

#171058 04/16/2005 2:09 AM
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,068
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,068
My 64 230 had a paper element,
Scott


Scott Ward

2 1948 1.5-ton Loadmasters
The red one and The snow pusher
1 1950 3100
1 1955.1 Chevy 6500
1 1954 Chevy 6500 2-Ton
1 1955 1st Series COE 5700
1 1963 K20 (454)
1 1964 C10 (350)
1 1951 1.5-ton Dump Truck
1953 and a 1956 Ford F800

Raising a teenager is like trying to nail Jello to a tree!
#171059 04/16/2005 2:13 AM
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,552
4
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
4 Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,552
M.Smith:

I have an original paper element air cleaner for a '66 with a factory six cylinder. Send me a personal e-mail since I don't think we are supposed to buying/selling in this forum.

#171060 04/16/2005 2:28 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thats interesting scott. was that an option. Or is mine not original(could easily be)?.

#171061 04/16/2005 5:26 AM
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,384
6
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
6 Offline
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,384


My \'64\'s in the Gallery
Pictures in my Photobucket
1964 C10 Custom Cab 350/700R4
1964 Suburban 350/700R4
1979 Ford F350 4x4 400/c6
#171062 04/16/2005 2:50 PM
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,068
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,068
I think the oil bath's died out in the pick-ups when the 235 died out, sometime in 1962,
Scott


Scott Ward

2 1948 1.5-ton Loadmasters
The red one and The snow pusher
1 1950 3100
1 1955.1 Chevy 6500
1 1954 Chevy 6500 2-Ton
1 1955 1st Series COE 5700
1 1963 K20 (454)
1 1964 C10 (350)
1 1951 1.5-ton Dump Truck
1953 and a 1956 Ford F800

Raising a teenager is like trying to nail Jello to a tree!
#171063 04/16/2005 3:00 PM
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,384
6
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
6 Offline
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,384
I had a 70 w/factory oil bath. Heavy duty air cleaner option. Still available then. Brian


My \'64\'s in the Gallery
Pictures in my Photobucket
1964 C10 Custom Cab 350/700R4
1964 Suburban 350/700R4
1979 Ford F350 4x4 400/c6
#171064 04/16/2005 3:06 PM
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 313
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 313
According to my owner's manual, the oil bath cleaner was available that year. It probably was optional.

Doug 57.


Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0