The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (FishinToms53, klhansen, Otto Skorzeny, Southerntruck), 98 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,118
Posts1,056,646
Members48,450
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Joined: May 2024
Posts: 61
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: May 2024
Posts: 61
I am new to this site and first post. I Live in Appling, Georgia. I retired in 2017 as industrial maintenance mechanic for 34 years at a local newsprint paper mill.

I have a 1938 Chevrolet 1.5 ton truck. Purchased truck in Dickinson, North Dakota in March 2022. Truck engine was swapped out to a 235 with the high oil pressure system.

I found the truck online. The seller loaded and hauled it to Georgia for an extra fee. Got lucky on that.

One shot here is Dakota 38 last night in North Dakota and first day in Georgia.

Looking forward to be a participant on this site.

Thanks.

Edit by Peggy M. September 3, 2024. Story moved from Welcome Center to here in DITY. Lots of "welcome" from the gang, and then "Dakota38" really gets into the story with a whole lot of pictures. And we do like those pictures. grin
Attachments
IMG_4055.jpeg (414.59 KB, 313 downloads)
IMG_4058.jpeg (290.07 KB, 309 downloads)
IMG_4057.jpeg (295.89 KB, 309 downloads)
IMG_4056.jpeg (267.04 KB, 312 downloads)
1.jpeg (69.19 KB, 83 downloads)
2.jpeg (300.42 KB, 83 downloads)
3.jpeg (148.75 KB, 82 downloads)
4.jpeg (314.48 KB, 83 downloads)

Last edited by Peggy M; 09/03/2024 8:53 PM. Reason: edit title

1972 Chevy c30 Flatbed
"Weekly driver as I work on it"
Follow along in the DITY

1938 Chevrolet 1.5 Ton
"On The Hunt For A BIG BOLT"
Found! And the story continues in his DITY bay
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,089
Authorized Pest
Authorized Pest
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,089
Wow, what a beaut. Welcome to Stovebolt. Glad you were able to post some pictures. Those are some great shots. Look forward to see you around our virtual garage. I bet the Southern Bolters will be happy to see you around. Alvin's probably got a cold Pepsi for you. wink

Last edited by Peggy M; 05/10/2024 7:03 PM.

~ Peggy M
1949 Chevrolet 3804
"Charlie" - The Stovebolt Flagship
In the Gallery
"We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give." -- Winston Churchill
Joined: May 2024
Posts: 61
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: May 2024
Posts: 61
Glad to be here. I have been looking at this site for some time. Great advice here. Decided to officially join.


1972 Chevy c30 Flatbed
"Weekly driver as I work on it"
Follow along in the DITY

1938 Chevrolet 1.5 Ton
"On The Hunt For A BIG BOLT"
Found! And the story continues in his DITY bay
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,444
Moderator - The Electrical Bay
Moderator - The Electrical Bay
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,444
Beautiful truck... drive it often!!


Another quality post.
Real Trucks Rattle
HELP! The Paranoids are after me!
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,714
W
back yard wrench turner
back yard wrench turner
W Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,714
Love the '38! My 38 is from North Dakota also. Join us in Townsend, TN the end of the month.


Wayne
1938 1-Ton Farm Truck
Stovebolt Gallery Forums
1989 Silverado
1996 Mustang GT convertible
When I die, I hope she doesn't sell everything for what I told her I paid for it!

Joined: May 2024
Posts: 61
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: May 2024
Posts: 61
Sorry I will not be able to make Townsend . Thanks.


1972 Chevy c30 Flatbed
"Weekly driver as I work on it"
Follow along in the DITY

1938 Chevrolet 1.5 Ton
"On The Hunt For A BIG BOLT"
Found! And the story continues in his DITY bay
Joined: May 2024
Posts: 61
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: May 2024
Posts: 61
Drive Dakota 38 about once a month 10 to 15 miles, had a few issues of running Hot when first got Dakota 38. Solved that. Runs Great now. THANKS


1972 Chevy c30 Flatbed
"Weekly driver as I work on it"
Follow along in the DITY

1938 Chevrolet 1.5 Ton
"On The Hunt For A BIG BOLT"
Found! And the story continues in his DITY bay
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Welcome to Stovebolt. That is one nice ride. As a Southern Bolter, be sure to check out the Southern Bolter Side Lot, as Peggy mentioned. We're here to help with anything you need.

You may also want to roll over to the Big Bolts in the Parking Lot area. You'll see TUTS 59 -- check with him (has a Big Bolt AND is a So Bolter). He may live near you -- he's in Brunswick GA. I'm sure you'll hear from him in here, too.

Last edited by Peggy M; 05/11/2024 3:46 PM. Reason: add hot links, etc. ;)

1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,989
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,989
Welcome! That's a dandy Big Bolt you have there! Love it!


Rich
1947 Loadmaster
1947 Chev. Loadmaster
1959 Chev. Viking 40

Life is short--eat dessert first!
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 4,494
AD Addict & Tinkerer
AD Addict & Tinkerer
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 4,494
Welcome to the Bolt! That is one fantastic looking truck you have there! Great find!

Last edited by Peggy M; 09/03/2024 8:40 PM. Reason: removed weird character

Phil
Moderator, The Engine Shop, Interiors and Project Journals

1952 Chevrolet 3100, Three on the Tree, 4:11 torque tube
Updated to: ‘59 235 w/hydraulic lifters, 12v w/alternator, HEI, PCV and Power front Disc Brakes
Project Journals
Stovebolt Gallery Forum
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,430
T
Crusty Old Sarge
Crusty Old Sarge
T Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,430
Dakota 38, Welcome to the BOLT. You got a gorgeous Truck there. As Alvin said you're a Southern Bolter as well. I'm located in Brunswick just east of you.


~ Craig
1958 Viking 4400
"The Book of Thor"
Read the story in the DITY
1960 Chevrolet C10
"A Family Heirloom"
Follow the story in the DITY Gallery
'59 Apache 31, 327 V8 (0.030 over), Muncie M20 4 Speed, GM 10 Bolt Rear... long term project (30 years and counting)

If you don't like driving yourTruck, you won't drive yourTruck..| Living life in the SLOW lane
Joined: Nov 2020
Posts: 17
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Nov 2020
Posts: 17
Nice!!!

Joined: May 2024
Posts: 61
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: May 2024
Posts: 61
Thanks Been looking at the stovebolt web site for a few years . We are closer to Spartanburg than Brunswick we are about 30 miles outside of Augusta GA would like to meetup with all of you one day


1972 Chevy c30 Flatbed
"Weekly driver as I work on it"
Follow along in the DITY

1938 Chevrolet 1.5 Ton
"On The Hunt For A BIG BOLT"
Found! And the story continues in his DITY bay
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,430
T
Crusty Old Sarge
Crusty Old Sarge
T Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,430
My mistake, I was thinking Appling County.


~ Craig
1958 Viking 4400
"The Book of Thor"
Read the story in the DITY
1960 Chevrolet C10
"A Family Heirloom"
Follow the story in the DITY Gallery
'59 Apache 31, 327 V8 (0.030 over), Muncie M20 4 Speed, GM 10 Bolt Rear... long term project (30 years and counting)

If you don't like driving yourTruck, you won't drive yourTruck..| Living life in the SLOW lane
Joined: May 2024
Posts: 61
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: May 2024
Posts: 61
Worked as and HVAC installer for 9 years. Them went to work as and Industrial Maintenance mechanic at local Newsprint paper Mill. Started collecting Gas and oil memorabilia about 20 years ago mostly Sinclair. As for the Truck plan on leaving it as original as possible to let people see how them old Workhorses form this country Thur hard timers
Attachments
IMG_4076.jpeg (218.94 KB, 194 downloads)
IMG_4079.jpeg (266.37 KB, 192 downloads)
IMG_4072.jpeg (385.54 KB, 190 downloads)
IMG_4071.jpeg (323.35 KB, 191 downloads)
IMG_4067.jpeg (393.79 KB, 190 downloads)
IMG_4088.png (343.04 KB, 179 downloads)
IMG_4082.png (544.01 KB, 170 downloads)
IMG_4084.png (475.17 KB, 170 downloads)
IMG_4081.png (289.33 KB, 170 downloads)

Last edited by Peggy M; 05/11/2024 6:28 PM. Reason: fixed image

1972 Chevy c30 Flatbed
"Weekly driver as I work on it"
Follow along in the DITY

1938 Chevrolet 1.5 Ton
"On The Hunt For A BIG BOLT"
Found! And the story continues in his DITY bay
Joined: May 2024
Posts: 61
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: May 2024
Posts: 61
Thanks for the warm welcome


1972 Chevy c30 Flatbed
"Weekly driver as I work on it"
Follow along in the DITY

1938 Chevrolet 1.5 Ton
"On The Hunt For A BIG BOLT"
Found! And the story continues in his DITY bay
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,430
T
Crusty Old Sarge
Crusty Old Sarge
T Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,430
My question is, did it look like this when you bought it? That Truck is pristine.


~ Craig
1958 Viking 4400
"The Book of Thor"
Read the story in the DITY
1960 Chevrolet C10
"A Family Heirloom"
Follow the story in the DITY Gallery
'59 Apache 31, 327 V8 (0.030 over), Muncie M20 4 Speed, GM 10 Bolt Rear... long term project (30 years and counting)

If you don't like driving yourTruck, you won't drive yourTruck..| Living life in the SLOW lane
Joined: May 2024
Posts: 61
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: May 2024
Posts: 61
Yea looked pretty much like it is right now. Dakota has a few rust bubbles under the paint. Had an electric fan on first drive ran hott. Replace radiator and install a six blade fan no more running hot. Had one cracked pushrod one bend on from to long of bolts on bracket that holds coil . Got all that straightened out . Bed was 8 feet wide . I cut 6 inches off each side as it looks now . If you are ever up this way stop by take a look . I may need to start moving over to the BIG BOLTS etc. I have pictures of all that THANKS


1972 Chevy c30 Flatbed
"Weekly driver as I work on it"
Follow along in the DITY

1938 Chevrolet 1.5 Ton
"On The Hunt For A BIG BOLT"
Found! And the story continues in his DITY bay
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
I noticed your gauges are the same as my '37 pickup. It also looks like you have split seat bottom. Do you raise the driver side seat to put gas in it? I thought the 37 was the only year for split seat but big truck may be different.

Had sister lived in Augusta/Harlem for years..... If near Spartanburg, let me know. Hot dog and a cold Pepsi on me....maybe BBQ!

Last edited by Peggy M; 05/13/2024 4:11 PM.

1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: May 2024
Posts: 61
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: May 2024
Posts: 61
You have a good eye Alvin. Never thought about it. Looked at a 1936 big bolt in Montana had split seat. 36 Thur 40 big bolt’s was what I have been looking for. Had my heart set on a 1937 . Your family still live down this way. Love that 37 of yours . Sure is Great to look at pics. Will stop in for that Pepsi and hotdog if up that way


1972 Chevy c30 Flatbed
"Weekly driver as I work on it"
Follow along in the DITY

1938 Chevrolet 1.5 Ton
"On The Hunt For A BIG BOLT"
Found! And the story continues in his DITY bay
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
I have couple nieces there. Sister died, then years later, brother in law. The nieces work for an attorney.

Hot dogs waiting!!!

Last edited by Peggy M; 05/14/2024 2:03 PM.

1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: May 2024
Posts: 61
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: May 2024
Posts: 61
This story began with my post "On the hunt for a BIG Bolt." Here's a little of that story (with pictures. wink )

I started looking in 2018 on eBay. I found a 1937 in Horse Shoe, NC (unfortunately missed the bid on it.). I quickly went back to looking, found the same truck on an old post in Virginia. I was told it was sold to someone in North Carolina. I figured at this point it was gone.
Attachments


1972 Chevy c30 Flatbed
"Weekly driver as I work on it"
Follow along in the DITY

1938 Chevrolet 1.5 Ton
"On The Hunt For A BIG BOLT"
Found! And the story continues in his DITY bay
Joined: May 2024
Posts: 61
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: May 2024
Posts: 61
Back to looking again. Fortunately, my wife and I had a trip planned out west. How was that for timing!

I met with the seller and offered $4,000. The seller wanted $5,000; plus $1,600 shipping. Unfortunately, the seller and myself could not reach a deal.

Completed the wonderful trip out west, and back to the hunt.
Attachments
34FC9D50-1C58-434A-B701-93266FCEE241.jpeg (162.16 KB, 258 downloads)
89911AE1-892F-4DDA-A7B1-69EF5F94B941.jpeg (152.46 KB, 258 downloads)
0A2D6A84-E242-49E6-B1CF-7D6356AD905D.jpeg (142.94 KB, 259 downloads)
0B46899D-99E8-433D-B31F-45E01F4E9E5C.jpeg (142.94 KB, 259 downloads)

Last edited by Peggy M; 05/19/2024 11:55 PM.

1972 Chevy c30 Flatbed
"Weekly driver as I work on it"
Follow along in the DITY

1938 Chevrolet 1.5 Ton
"On The Hunt For A BIG BOLT"
Found! And the story continues in his DITY bay
Joined: May 2024
Posts: 61
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: May 2024
Posts: 61
I found a 1937 in New Hampshire on Craigslist. Great looking truck without bed. I reached out to seller to look at the truck, as I wanted to see it before making the purchase. I think the seller thought I was not serious. The opportunity for me to see the truck did not work out as Covid hit.

The truck was advertised on Stovebolt.

Much to my surprise, the truck in NC popped back up again on eBay in Texas. Unfortunately, that did not work out: “out of my price range."
Attachments


1972 Chevy c30 Flatbed
"Weekly driver as I work on it"
Follow along in the DITY

1938 Chevrolet 1.5 Ton
"On The Hunt For A BIG BOLT"
Found! And the story continues in his DITY bay
Joined: May 2024
Posts: 61
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: May 2024
Posts: 61
Back to looking again. Finally, a 1938 in North Dakota and a “sealed deal.” The owner transported truck to Georgia.

This was the advertisement.
Attachments
F69E1F04-1793-4825-856D-74A69A86AB73.jpeg (144.61 KB, 254 downloads)
31A81E48-8969-48E3-B0CD-0E239A15B596.jpeg (127.74 KB, 251 downloads)
8841ACEF-E2CC-4F96-820C-2E7D1C210EE8.jpeg (162.75 KB, 252 downloads)
27E8E660-C069-4DB9-979F-32F10346C5E9.jpeg (141.44 KB, 251 downloads)
55547A4F-FEED-469B-B395-9AD914730F29.jpeg (183.47 KB, 253 downloads)
georgia bound.png (720.8 KB, 240 downloads)


1972 Chevy c30 Flatbed
"Weekly driver as I work on it"
Follow along in the DITY

1938 Chevrolet 1.5 Ton
"On The Hunt For A BIG BOLT"
Found! And the story continues in his DITY bay
Joined: May 2024
Posts: 61
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: May 2024
Posts: 61
This is my first drive running hot. I replaced the radiator and installed six blade fan, problem of running hot resolved. While waiting on radiator to be shipped, I decided to change the valve cover gasket and push rod gasket. This is what found.

I replaced push rods and adjusted valves.
Attachments
48BF9543-DBA2-4601-8BB4-0D45E2D68E74.jpeg (486.18 KB, 247 downloads)
41A0B231-F4A1-40F8-A98C-117A9811381E.jpeg (423.25 KB, 247 downloads)
BF804664-6170-411C-BE6A-520F104E2D99.jpeg (216.31 KB, 248 downloads)
7098EC41-3359-4496-846E-E0BA2CA3A029.jpeg (239.92 KB, 248 downloads)
34E7A6C7-C5B0-4588-8853-656140C66605.jpeg (343.52 KB, 246 downloads)
E5F61E25-DF78-4561-8474-2F26F3DFAC1B.jpeg (287.53 KB, 246 downloads)
6B9E02E4-962D-42D1-A17D-ECA686ADD528.jpeg (244.67 KB, 247 downloads)


1972 Chevy c30 Flatbed
"Weekly driver as I work on it"
Follow along in the DITY

1938 Chevrolet 1.5 Ton
"On The Hunt For A BIG BOLT"
Found! And the story continues in his DITY bay
Joined: May 2024
Posts: 61
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: May 2024
Posts: 61
The bed on the truck was 8 ft wide. I was not happy with the way it looked hanging 6 inches over duals. I decided to cut bed down.
Attachments
FF7944AA-AD63-40D5-84A9-600DF156163B.jpeg (282.88 KB, 245 downloads)
FEF8575E-A27E-4F3F-B261-18B931106988.jpeg (320.04 KB, 245 downloads)
FEB3B7A3-BAEC-456C-A2B3-6466BA09D4DC.jpeg (350.98 KB, 245 downloads)
173A5EC7-D48C-4A03-8E17-86F6E8250986.jpeg (389.04 KB, 247 downloads)
D4302D9D-BC21-4E66-AF11-3C469B54B2CA.jpeg (295.52 KB, 247 downloads)
0DCC6F25-62EA-43D9-B5AF-1398F5B2E49E.jpeg (267.32 KB, 247 downloads)
3D401C86-AEEC-4668-B159-106E34875D0C.jpeg (343.63 KB, 246 downloads)


1972 Chevy c30 Flatbed
"Weekly driver as I work on it"
Follow along in the DITY

1938 Chevrolet 1.5 Ton
"On The Hunt For A BIG BOLT"
Found! And the story continues in his DITY bay
Joined: May 2024
Posts: 61
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: May 2024
Posts: 61
Here we are now, Dakota 38.
Attachments
65793CDB-2E6D-493D-93B8-34EAB7996B6A.jpeg (419.75 KB, 245 downloads)
81DC95D2-15F5-447E-93D6-F055DA6EF6B9.jpeg (135.35 KB, 246 downloads)


1972 Chevy c30 Flatbed
"Weekly driver as I work on it"
Follow along in the DITY

1938 Chevrolet 1.5 Ton
"On The Hunt For A BIG BOLT"
Found! And the story continues in his DITY bay
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,089
Authorized Pest
Authorized Pest
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,089
You are tenacious to say the least. What a great looking Big Bolt! thumbs_up Thanks for starting your DITY story. shake


~ Peggy M
1949 Chevrolet 3804
"Charlie" - The Stovebolt Flagship
In the Gallery
"We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give." -- Winston Churchill
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,729
J
24601
24601
J Offline
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,729
Amazing what we find when we go digging into these old engines sometimes ...

So .... How hard is it to drive when its tipped up on its nose to cut the grass??

Beautiful truck!

John


~ John

A kid raised on Hotwheels, Matchbox and Tonka cannot be reasonably expected to own only one vehicle as an adult.

1949 Chevrolet 3804
In the Legacy Gallery | In the Gallery Forum
1973 IH 1310 Dump
1963 Kaiser M38A1
2001 International/AmTran RE3000 "Skoolie"
2014 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley)
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 4,494
AD Addict & Tinkerer
AD Addict & Tinkerer
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 4,494
That must have been very tedious cutting that back and rejoining it. You have allot of patience. Well done!


Phil
Moderator, The Engine Shop, Interiors and Project Journals

1952 Chevrolet 3100, Three on the Tree, 4:11 torque tube
Updated to: ‘59 235 w/hydraulic lifters, 12v w/alternator, HEI, PCV and Power front Disc Brakes
Project Journals
Stovebolt Gallery Forum
Joined: May 2024
Posts: 61
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: May 2024
Posts: 61
Yea that was a surprise on the pushrod’s. Haven’t tried the Grass cut to much Horsepower LOL. Thanks


1972 Chevy c30 Flatbed
"Weekly driver as I work on it"
Follow along in the DITY

1938 Chevrolet 1.5 Ton
"On The Hunt For A BIG BOLT"
Found! And the story continues in his DITY bay
Joined: May 2024
Posts: 61
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: May 2024
Posts: 61
Thanks. Phak1

Took more time to get the nerve up to cut down than actual doing it. Wasn’t to bad to cut down. Couple of Diamond tip skill saw blades and saw all metal blades. Skill saw cut thru 1/8 deck plate and thru most of 4 inch channel. NOISY. Then welded it back up.


1972 Chevy c30 Flatbed
"Weekly driver as I work on it"
Follow along in the DITY

1938 Chevrolet 1.5 Ton
"On The Hunt For A BIG BOLT"
Found! And the story continues in his DITY bay
Joined: Mar 2017
Posts: 569
S
Donald S.
Donald S.
S Online: Content
Joined: Mar 2017
Posts: 569
Originally Posted by Dakota38
The bed on the truck was 8 ft wide. I was not happy with the way it looked hanging 6 inches over duals. I decided to cut bed down.
Nice work!!


1949 Chevy Carry All
Follow the resto in the Project Journals

1953 Chevy 5-window
"Frame off Restoration"
Follow the resto in the DITY

Beginning to End Slideshow
More images in Flickr
\|/\|/ Dual Ex. \|/\|/Dynamat

Please don't tell my wife how much this thing cost!
Joined: Oct 2021
Posts: 6,899
O
'Bolter
'Bolter
O Online: Content
Joined: Oct 2021
Posts: 6,899
Why is the lawn mower blade on the pulley?


1950 Chevrolet 3100 (Ol' Roy)

1939 Packard Standard Eight Coupe (The Phantom) | 1956 Cadillac Coupe de Ville (The Bismarck) | 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 coupe |1966 Ford Mustang (Little Red) | 1969 Pontiac GTO (The Dishpit) I 1979 Ford F-100 | 1976 Ford F-150 (Big Red) | 1995 Ford F-150 (Newt)
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893
W
Socket Breaker
Socket Breaker
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893
Nice truck.

-Woog

Joined: May 2024
Posts: 61
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: May 2024
Posts: 61
Otto
The lawn mower blade was for checking clearance for fan and radiator. Had to use what was handy as the old Farmers did back in the day. Still had to use a 3/4 inch spacer to clear the harmonica balancer . About 1/4 inch clearance between fan blade and radiator. Six blade fan solved over heating problem. I Trashed the electric fan. Ol’roy looks good riding around Atlanta.


1972 Chevy c30 Flatbed
"Weekly driver as I work on it"
Follow along in the DITY

1938 Chevrolet 1.5 Ton
"On The Hunt For A BIG BOLT"
Found! And the story continues in his DITY bay
Joined: May 2024
Posts: 61
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: May 2024
Posts: 61
Woog Thanks it fun to drive and see the response it gets.


1972 Chevy c30 Flatbed
"Weekly driver as I work on it"
Follow along in the DITY

1938 Chevrolet 1.5 Ton
"On The Hunt For A BIG BOLT"
Found! And the story continues in his DITY bay
Joined: Oct 2021
Posts: 6,899
O
'Bolter
'Bolter
O Online: Content
Joined: Oct 2021
Posts: 6,899
Thanks, Dakota. I drove it to work today and people are always passing me and tooting horns and giving me thumbs up. Truckers really like it. It seems weird to me since the truck is pretty beat up but then I remember that it's also 74 years old. From that perspective, it doesn't look too bad.

Where's Appling, Ga? Ya, I know I can look it up but I'm lazy.


1950 Chevrolet 3100 (Ol' Roy)

1939 Packard Standard Eight Coupe (The Phantom) | 1956 Cadillac Coupe de Ville (The Bismarck) | 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 coupe |1966 Ford Mustang (Little Red) | 1969 Pontiac GTO (The Dishpit) I 1979 Ford F-100 | 1976 Ford F-150 (Big Red) | 1995 Ford F-150 (Newt)
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,089
Authorized Pest
Authorized Pest
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,089
Otto: You can find where anyone is located with a map (it's a link; not just an underline wink ). See the image below.
Attachments
location.png (12.77 KB, 96 downloads)

Last edited by Peggy M; 05/23/2024 11:11 PM.

~ Peggy M
1949 Chevrolet 3804
"Charlie" - The Stovebolt Flagship
In the Gallery
"We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give." -- Winston Churchill
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  J Lucas 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0