The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (klhansen, UtahYork, 1 invisible), 114 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,090
Posts1,056,374
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1539157 03/06/2024 3:19 AM
Joined: Nov 2023
Posts: 283
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Nov 2023
Posts: 283
Just checking to see if anyone has ever purchased a short shaft water pump for Mother Trucker Truck off of ebay?
It a bit expensive I know (340$ USD). It's what I need for my 261 in the AD truck. Comes with the pulley. Says it's made in USA. Don't mind paying a little more for it if thats true and it's good quality. Anyone have knowledge of this product?


Jeff
1964 Chevrolet K10 Fleetside
"A Kid's First Truck"
Follow in the DITY
1951 Chevrolet 3100
Follow his build in the Project Journals
1969 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible | 2020 Chevrolet Silverado | 3500 Duramax | 2021 GMC Sierra Denali
USAF Veteran 1983-1987 | PSP retired 1990- 2012
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 3,689
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 3,689
Seems rather high. Jim Carter has the same thing for $170.

https://oldchevytrucks.com/reme205.html

I bought one from Carter several years ago and it works great. If I had to do it again, I would buy the early pump and use the adapter.


1951 3100
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
I used the adapter and got waterpump from Oriellys for $40 about 5 years ago for my 261 engine.
I checked on one for a friend and Oriellys was $90 just a few weeks ago. Folks will take your money if you let them.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 892
1
'Bolter
'Bolter
1 Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 892
I made my own short shaft water pump by pressing the flange on the required extra amount and cutting the shaft after it was done. I've done this twice with good results. Now, I'd like to rebuild an extra pump for the future. Where can I get bearings and seals for the pump?


1951 3800 1-ton
"Earning its keep from the get-go"
In the DITY Gallery
1962 261 (w/cam, Fenton headers, 2 carbs, MSD ign.), SM420 & Brown-Lipe 6231A 3spd aux. trans, stock axles & brakes. Owned since 1971.
Joined: Nov 2023
Posts: 283
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Nov 2023
Posts: 283
What about pulleys . What I've read here is always an issue. Most places like Carters if you put it in the cart, It tells you it will ship when available.


Jeff
1964 Chevrolet K10 Fleetside
"A Kid's First Truck"
Follow in the DITY
1951 Chevrolet 3100
Follow his build in the Project Journals
1969 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible | 2020 Chevrolet Silverado | 3500 Duramax | 2021 GMC Sierra Denali
USAF Veteran 1983-1987 | PSP retired 1990- 2012
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 892
1
'Bolter
'Bolter
1 Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 892
If someone uses the original size pulley, it'll spin the fan too fast and maybe throw a blade through the hood. Watch the pulley sizes. I should expand on my post to say that I was using the late pump and a 2-shiv pulley from an air-conditioned V8.


1951 3800 1-ton
"Earning its keep from the get-go"
In the DITY Gallery
1962 261 (w/cam, Fenton headers, 2 carbs, MSD ign.), SM420 & Brown-Lipe 6231A 3spd aux. trans, stock axles & brakes. Owned since 1971.
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 29,826
H
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
H Online: Content
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 29,826
Machine the original pulley sheave off the 216 pump, leaving the hub where the fan bolts on. Use a stamped steel pulley for a Ford small block V8- - - -302 or 351. They come with either one or two belt grooves. That solves the pump speed problem.
Jerry


"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln
Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway
Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!
Joined: Nov 2023
Posts: 283
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Nov 2023
Posts: 283
Thanks Jerry.
I will search one out.


Jeff
1964 Chevrolet K10 Fleetside
"A Kid's First Truck"
Follow in the DITY
1951 Chevrolet 3100
Follow his build in the Project Journals
1969 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible | 2020 Chevrolet Silverado | 3500 Duramax | 2021 GMC Sierra Denali
USAF Veteran 1983-1987 | PSP retired 1990- 2012

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0