Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,140 Posts1,056,466 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 3 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 3 | Here are some photos of my truck: [img]http://thumb5.webshots.net/t/64/464/7/70/11/2326770110098735345iZIKwW_th.jpg[/img] I realize some of the purists may cringe, and I don't blame you. On the plus side it was cobbled together from cast off parts from at least 10 different trucks, it's not like I chopped up a low miles pristine truck. It is really just in the mock-up stage right now. I have not been able to get it to start, and it needs brakes and wiring before I can hope to drive it. It's set up for a 3/4 ton bed, 1/2 ton is what's on it. Obviously also needs some running boards and some fender work. I think you get the idea of what I was going for from the photos. It was fun to figure out how to mount the Chevy cab on the GMC frame and still use as many vintage parts as possible. 1948 Chevy COE cab 1951? 2 ton GMC COE frame and axles GMC 248, 4spd + 2spd 103" WB Matt Scheidt | | | | | Joined: Jun 2007 Posts: 85 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2007 Posts: 85 | Great pics. Is the COE a tractor truck designed for pulling trailers?? | | | | | Joined: Jun 2007 Posts: 110 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jun 2007 Posts: 110 | AWSOME TRUCK looks like a bulldog.... gonna be really cool when its done, keep the pics commin | | | | | Joined: Jul 2004 Posts: 2,988 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2004 Posts: 2,988 | I like it!! I think it's cute!! It'll be really cool when it's finished. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 2,549 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 2,549 | Very interesting. I'm a purist, but I've always thought about installing a 9ft. 1 ton AD bed, on a 110"in. wheelbase 5100 series COE chassis, I have. | | | | | Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 1,997 Big Bolt Forum Co-moderator | | Big Bolt Forum Co-moderator Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 1,997 | I was kidding with BurgandyBolt that my two ton would look impressive with a scaled up pick up box on the back. A day without laughter is a day wasted- Charlie Chaplin When wrestling a grizzly bear, you have to keep at it until the bear gets tired, not when you get tired. 1948 Chevy 2-Ton | | | | | Joined: Feb 2007 Posts: 190 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2007 Posts: 190 | I really like it, thanks for all the photo's. If I did'nt haul a car and mutiple bikes, that is how I think I would like to set up a truck. You will stick out every where you go, of course I guess you could say all these old trucks do But I like the looks of it for sure, good luck with it. | | | | | Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 61 Member | | Member Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 61 | Sweet.... gotta start some where.
1948 Dodge 2 ton 1950 GMC 1 1/2 ton 1952 GMC 3/4 ton
| | | | | Joined: Jan 2005 Posts: 394 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2005 Posts: 394 | looks like a fun project, keep the pics coming | | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 . | | . Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 | I like it, and assuming you use a bed that better fits the wheelbase and room behind the cab I'll like it even more.
Keep us informed of your progress, Grigg | | | | | Joined: Jun 2007 Posts: 7 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jun 2007 Posts: 7 | For a rig that size, you should look for a nice NAPCO 4x4 set up!!
Great project, it'll be fun to watch it "grow"... | | | | | Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 222 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 222 | It looks like a whole lot of fun right from the start! Like the others have said, keep the pictures coming. It will be fun to watch it "evolve". | | | | | Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 140 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 140 |
Now boltless but looking 1951 F-1 350/350 1965 Mustang 355 glide 1971 F-100 401 fe it hates me 1972 Maverick 302 c4
| | | | | Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 2,893 Socket Breaker | | Socket Breaker Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 2,893 | definitely different... keep wrenchin' on it.
Thanks for sharing the pics.
-W | | | | | Joined: Feb 2007 Posts: 195 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2007 Posts: 195 | I'm not sure what you will call it but I like it! I want one!
Red meat is not bad for you.........Fuzzy green meat is bad for you!
"What happens in the garage stays in the garage!"
1958 Chevy Spartan 100 firetruck in the Gallery
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 139 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 139 | i'd like to sign up for one, i could use one of those bad boys for all the traffic congestion on the way to work around here. people will definately respect you on the road with that beast.
cheers
1947 Studebaker M15 on 76 GMC one ton dually chassis with 454 4 spd 1953 Chevrolet 1/2 ton p/u 1957 Oldsmobile 88 2dr hardtop 1959 B130 International one ton dually | | |
| |