The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Hotrod Lincoln, Guitplayer, TUTS 59, IHPWR), 185 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,108
Posts1,056,227
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jan 2024
Posts: 20
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2024
Posts: 20
Howdy, from Ohio! I've been lurking around here for a while now and decided it was probably time to join in. I'm not what you would call a GM guy but, the more I look around the farm I see no less than six Chevy trucks. So....

I'm currently working on a 1948 Chevy Thriftmaster that a friend of mine built about 25 years ago. He's since worn out his shoulder so now, that it needs updates, I'm taking them on. Looking back through the pictures I've taken I'm kicking myself for not taking any before I started on it. This truck started out with a 216 (I believe) and my friend put a 261 in it around 2000-02 range. It now has a mid 60's 292 and an NV3500 out of a mid 90's truck. Not a stovebolt, I know, but he wants to be able to drive to Colorado in this thing. So we're hoping that it will go highway speed reliably.



Mark
Attachments
48 April 28 23.jpg (195.6 KB, 177 downloads)
48 April 28 23.1.jpg (184.03 KB, 177 downloads)

Last edited by Peggy M; 01/31/2024 10:51 PM.

Mark
1948 Chevy Thriftmaster
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,076
Authorized Pest
Authorized Pest
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,076
Hey Mark! We have many that lurk for a bit before they post. This truck looks like a great project and looking forward to hearing more about the Thriftmaster -- and possibly slip in a few of your other Stovebolts that are on the farm. grin Hope the Stovebolt Brain Trust can be of help. (I personally am tickled that you titled your post like the others (one of my jobs wink ) and figured the image posting and signature line. thumbs_up )

Last edited by Peggy M; 01/27/2024 9:35 PM.

~ Peggy M
1949 Chevrolet 3804
"Charlie" - The Stovebolt Flagship
In the Gallery
"We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give." -- Winston Churchill
Joined: Feb 2023
Posts: 190
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Feb 2023
Posts: 190
Gr8 looking truck 👍👍 Lookin forward to more post and pics 👍


1962 C10 with a 235 6cyl -- all of the drive train seems to be original.
Some of this story is in the Side Lot
Some people like a new truck. I liked the old ones.
Joined: Nov 2023
Posts: 283
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Nov 2023
Posts: 283
looks like you guys are about ready to stick it in the wind and head to Colorado! Good looker.


Jeff
1964 Chevrolet K10 Fleetside
"A Kid's First Truck"
Follow in the DITY
1951 Chevrolet 3100
Follow his build in the Project Journals
1969 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible | 2020 Chevrolet Silverado | 3500 Duramax | 2021 GMC Sierra Denali
USAF Veteran 1983-1987 | PSP retired 1990- 2012
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Welcome to Stovebolt. See you around the garage forums. We're here to help.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,409
J
Former Workshop Owner
Former Workshop Owner
J Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,409
Mark, that truck looks great. When the time comes please more post about your friend’s road trip. If we know when he’s traveling we can keep an eye out for him. Welcome to the Stovebolt John


~ J Lucas
2006 GMC Envoy 4.2 I6
2023 Ram 2500/Cumins 6.7 I6
2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee (Wife’s)
2002 Silverado 2500 Gas 6.0
1941 Chevy 1/2-Ton
1942 Chevy 1.5-Ton SWB
In the Gallery
My Flicker Photos!
Joined: Jan 2024
Posts: 20
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2024
Posts: 20
Thanks for the warm welcome. I may start a build thread for this truck. I'm actually nearing the end but I've take a lot of photos along the way.

As for other Stovebolts, I only have one that is still in service. It's in a 1959 Chevy Viking. It has an electrical gremlin at the moment or else it would probably have grain on it. This particular specimen has over 98,000 on the odometer and I probably put half of them there. My Dad brought it home in 1987. I started hauling grain to the elevator in it, the next year, when I was sixteen. Even drove it to school fully loaded a number of times. It's been here long enough it'll probably just stay forever. There are a couple other random projects in the background. I've got enough projects to keep me busy for 50 years but I still look at Craigslist and Marketplace everyday. I may have a problem.


Mark
Attachments
Viking hornet charger.jpg (177.71 KB, 121 downloads)


Mark
1948 Chevy Thriftmaster
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,076
Authorized Pest
Authorized Pest
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,076
Great pix! How about starting that "build journey" in the DITY Gallery. That way you can start with the history of the whole experience. Read some of the entries already there and you'll see what we mean. (We pull good story builds from there and invite them to the Project Journals.)

"Just like it sounds, you have the ability to "tell your truck story" here, adding plenty of images to help with the tale. It's an on-going story of your truck that can be added to as it unfolds."

Glad to see you've checked back in. thumbs_up Anxious to hear / see more.

Last edited by Peggy M; 01/29/2024 7:29 PM.

~ Peggy M
1949 Chevrolet 3804
"Charlie" - The Stovebolt Flagship
In the Gallery
"We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give." -- Winston Churchill
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,987
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,987
Welcome! Love that '59 Viking. Looks a lot like the one I bought a few years ago. You can click on the link below and see it in the gallery.


Rich
1947 Loadmaster
1947 Chev. Loadmaster
1959 Chev. Viking 40

Life is short--eat dessert first!
Joined: Jan 2024
Posts: 20
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2024
Posts: 20
Rich'sToys, That is a good looking Viking. I think ours is a '60. It has the 20.5 inch wheels. Really hard to find tires for it these days. I noticed they have the same pin striping on the outside of the bed floor. I actually thought someone did that through the years before we got it.


Mark
1948 Chevy Thriftmaster
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,441
Moderator - The Electrical Bay
Moderator - The Electrical Bay
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,441
Welcome to the 'bolt... that is a great looking truck.


Another quality post.
Real Trucks Rattle
HELP! The Paranoids are after me!
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 4,480
AD Addict & Tinkerer
AD Addict & Tinkerer
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 4,480
Welcome to the ‘Bolt! Nice start to your project, great story and history. We would love it, if you expanded a bit on both your story/history, your goals and what you have already accomplished on restoring your truck.

Like Peggy said, you can start your journal in the DITY Gallery. And of course please post more pictures. We ‘Bolters love pictures. Again, welcome to the forums!


Phil
Moderator, The Engine Shop, Interiors and Project Journals

1952 Chevrolet 3100, Three on the Tree, 4:11 torque tube
Updated to: ‘59 235 w/hydraulic lifters, 12v w/alternator, HEI, PCV and Power front Disc Brakes
Project Journals
Stovebolt Gallery Forum

Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0