The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Hanks custodian, Ponchogl, Wayne67vert, 1 invisible), 175 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,089
Posts1,056,139
Members48,435
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1347452 02/22/2020 1:05 PM
Joined: Feb 2020
Posts: 5
V
New Guy
New Guy
V Offline
Joined: Feb 2020
Posts: 5
Hello Stovebolt, I am in the final stages of bringing home a 1959 Viking 60. This is my first big bolt I am looking forward to the challenge. Thanks for welcoming me into the community!

Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,441
Moderator - The Electrical Bay
Moderator - The Electrical Bay
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,441
Welcome to the 'bolt. Please post a couple pictures when you get a chance.


Another quality post.
Real Trucks Rattle
HELP! The Paranoids are after me!
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
Welcome to the Stovebolt madness. There is no cure! shake


Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily)
‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence)
“I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,391
T
Crusty Old Sarge
Crusty Old Sarge
T Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,391
I love having all of these Task Force Trucks joining the fun. Welcome to the BOLT.


~ Craig
1958 Viking 4400
"The Book of Thor"
Read the story in the DITY
1960 Chevrolet C10
"A Family Heirloom"
Follow the story in the DITY Gallery
'59 Apache 31, 327 V8 (0.030 over), Muncie M20 4 Speed, GM 10 Bolt Rear... long term project (30 years and counting)

If you don't like driving yourTruck, you won't drive yourTruck..| Living life in the SLOW lane
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 3,598
2
Moderator
Moderator
2 Offline
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 3,598
First Viking, Welcome to the best group of folks that will help you the most in getting your Viking home and start your adventure, on getting it back on the road.
There are no stupid questions and you may not know this, There is a lot of help, REAL close to you.

The Stovebolt Homecoming is coming up and it is just north of Lexington.
So you are just about 15 miles from the biggest Stovebolt learning weekend you could ever find.
Tom and his Dad Jim are coming from the Detroit area.
John is coming from Canada.
Tim is coming from Australia and riding shotgun from mid Missouri with me.
Others will be there from long distances also.
Then there will be all the rest of the ODSS gang there.
Work on trucks, get dirty, learn, teach and eat good.

Check it out with this link.
https://www.stovebolt.com/ubbthread...inion-stovebolt-society-md-va-wv-dc.html

Don King


1967 GMC 9500 Fire Ladder Truck
"The Flag Pole"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1946 2-Ton grain truck
1946 3/4-ton pickup,
1953 1-ton pickup
1957 1-ton flatbed dually,
1954 Pontiac Straight Eight
Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most!
Joined: Feb 2020
Posts: 5
V
New Guy
New Guy
V Offline
Joined: Feb 2020
Posts: 5
Well the fates were against me and the truck was sold out from under me. Now Im trying to bring home a 56 6400 hopefully this one works out better. Side note anyone with a lead on a VIking 60 let me know!

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Just remember, never, never, never, never give up. You'll find one and it may even be a sweeter deal. Did I say never give up?!!!


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
Don, you’ve gotta stop breaking the rules.🤣


Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily)
‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence)
“I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)

Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 3,598
2
Moderator
Moderator
2 Offline
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 3,598
Sorry frown


1967 GMC 9500 Fire Ladder Truck
"The Flag Pole"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1946 2-Ton grain truck
1946 3/4-ton pickup,
1953 1-ton pickup
1957 1-ton flatbed dually,
1954 Pontiac Straight Eight
Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most!
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 231
6
'Bolter
'Bolter
6 Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 231
Welcome to the Forum. I live 3 miles or so over the state line from Independence, Va. Good luck on your quest, Craigslist is your friend. Look in the Piedmont area of NC (Greensboro, Winston, South Carolina and Georgia) I take trips to Asheville, and Greensboro twice a month if I can look at anything for you-let me know.


1963 Chevy C-10 Fleetside
1970 C-30 Dump Truck
2025 Silverado High Country 2500 Diesel
2012 Indian Chief Vintage serial #002 motorcycle
1946 Indian Chief, 1947 Indian Chief w/sidecar,2014 Indian Chieftain, 2015 Indian Scout


Joined: Feb 2020
Posts: 5
V
New Guy
New Guy
V Offline
Joined: Feb 2020
Posts: 5
Well the stars aligned and I've got a 58 Viking on the truck headed home. Achipmuck you were right this was a better deal and appears to have the 283 v8. I am a school teacher so with all of the sudden closures I have a lot of time on my hands.
Attachments
s-l1600-2.jpg (264.85 KB, 72 downloads)

Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 3,598
2
Moderator
Moderator
2 Offline
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 3,598
Good looking truck Viking!


1967 GMC 9500 Fire Ladder Truck
"The Flag Pole"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1946 2-Ton grain truck
1946 3/4-ton pickup,
1953 1-ton pickup
1957 1-ton flatbed dually,
1954 Pontiac Straight Eight
Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most!
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,391
T
Crusty Old Sarge
Crusty Old Sarge
T Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,391
Sweet, very solid looking truck. I'm a little jealous, course the wife would have other things to say grin


~ Craig
1958 Viking 4400
"The Book of Thor"
Read the story in the DITY
1960 Chevrolet C10
"A Family Heirloom"
Follow the story in the DITY Gallery
'59 Apache 31, 327 V8 (0.030 over), Muncie M20 4 Speed, GM 10 Bolt Rear... long term project (30 years and counting)

If you don't like driving yourTruck, you won't drive yourTruck..| Living life in the SLOW lane
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Viking, great news. You did it. Love those truck and wish many times I had got one some time ago when I had the chance. Always needing something to haul my junk! Come see me and enjoy some Southern BBQ or hot dogs and cold Pepsi.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,987
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,987
Nice looking truck! Congratulations, and welcome!


Rich
1947 Loadmaster
1947 Chev. Loadmaster
1959 Chev. Viking 40

Life is short--eat dessert first!
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,234
Moderator: Interiors, Texas Bolters, Name that Part
Moderator: Interiors, Texas Bolters, Name that Part
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,234
Welcome, you need to get tied into the ODSS guys. They are extremely helpful and willing to assist. They have taught me a lot over the years and are an "OK" group to hand out with.... just watch out they will increase the stovebolt sickness! Other then that influence of that 2ton guy, the rest of the guys are great! haha Enjoy and good luck with your truck!

Chris


Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0