Hello Stovebolt, I am in the final stages of bringing home a 1959 Viking 60. This is my first big bolt I am looking forward to the challenge. Thanks for welcoming me into the community!
Welcome to the Stovebolt madness. There is no cure!
Martin '62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress) '47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project) ‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily) ‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence) “I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one! Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop! USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)
I love having all of these Task Force Trucks joining the fun. Welcome to the BOLT.
~ Craig 1958 Viking 4400 "The Book of Thor" Read the story in the DITY 1960 Chevrolet C10 "A Family Heirloom" Follow the story in the DITY Gallery '59 Apache 31, 327 V8 (0.030 over), Muncie M20 4 Speed, GM 10 Bolt Rear... long term project (30 years and counting)
If you don't like driving yourTruck, you won't drive yourTruck..| Living life in the SLOW lane
First Viking, Welcome to the best group of folks that will help you the most in getting your Viking home and start your adventure, on getting it back on the road. There are no stupid questions and you may not know this, There is a lot of help, REAL close to you.
The Stovebolt Homecoming is coming up and it is just north of Lexington. So you are just about 15 miles from the biggest Stovebolt learning weekend you could ever find. Tom and his Dad Jim are coming from the Detroit area. John is coming from Canada. Tim is coming from Australia and riding shotgun from mid Missouri with me. Others will be there from long distances also. Then there will be all the rest of the ODSS gang there. Work on trucks, get dirty, learn, teach and eat good.
1967 GMC 9500 Fire Ladder Truck "The Flag Pole" In the Stovebolt Gallery 1946 2-Ton grain truck 1946 3/4-ton pickup, 1953 1-ton pickup 1957 1-ton flatbed dually, 1954 Pontiac Straight Eight Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most!
Well the fates were against me and the truck was sold out from under me. Now Im trying to bring home a 56 6400 hopefully this one works out better. Side note anyone with a lead on a VIking 60 let me know!
Martin '62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress) '47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project) ‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily) ‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence) “I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one! Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop! USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)
1967 GMC 9500 Fire Ladder Truck "The Flag Pole" In the Stovebolt Gallery 1946 2-Ton grain truck 1946 3/4-ton pickup, 1953 1-ton pickup 1957 1-ton flatbed dually, 1954 Pontiac Straight Eight Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most!
Welcome to the Forum. I live 3 miles or so over the state line from Independence, Va. Good luck on your quest, Craigslist is your friend. Look in the Piedmont area of NC (Greensboro, Winston, South Carolina and Georgia) I take trips to Asheville, and Greensboro twice a month if I can look at anything for you-let me know.
1963 Chevy C-10 Fleetside 1970 C-30 Dump Truck 2025 Silverado High Country 2500 Diesel 2012 Indian Chief Vintage serial #002 motorcycle 1946 Indian Chief, 1947 Indian Chief w/sidecar,2014 Indian Chieftain, 2015 Indian Scout
Well the stars aligned and I've got a 58 Viking on the truck headed home. Achipmuck you were right this was a better deal and appears to have the 283 v8. I am a school teacher so with all of the sudden closures I have a lot of time on my hands.
1967 GMC 9500 Fire Ladder Truck "The Flag Pole" In the Stovebolt Gallery 1946 2-Ton grain truck 1946 3/4-ton pickup, 1953 1-ton pickup 1957 1-ton flatbed dually, 1954 Pontiac Straight Eight Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most!
Sweet, very solid looking truck. I'm a little jealous, course the wife would have other things to say
~ Craig 1958 Viking 4400 "The Book of Thor" Read the story in the DITY 1960 Chevrolet C10 "A Family Heirloom" Follow the story in the DITY Gallery '59 Apache 31, 327 V8 (0.030 over), Muncie M20 4 Speed, GM 10 Bolt Rear... long term project (30 years and counting)
If you don't like driving yourTruck, you won't drive yourTruck..| Living life in the SLOW lane
Viking, great news. You did it. Love those truck and wish many times I had got one some time ago when I had the chance. Always needing something to haul my junk! Come see me and enjoy some Southern BBQ or hot dogs and cold Pepsi.
Welcome, you need to get tied into the ODSS guys. They are extremely helpful and willing to assist. They have taught me a lot over the years and are an "OK" group to hand out with.... just watch out they will increase the stovebolt sickness! Other then that influence of that 2ton guy, the rest of the guys are great! haha Enjoy and good luck with your truck!