Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
8 members (‘37ChevyPU, Hotrod Lincoln, Otto Skorzeny, CuzzFuzz, Shaffer's1950, SlimSix, TrknGMC, 1 invisible),
81
guests, and
3
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,139 Posts1,056,451 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2019 Posts: 15 No Longer a Big Bolt Owner | | No Longer a Big Bolt Owner Joined: Oct 2019 Posts: 15 | Thanks for letting in a wannabe. I owned an old beater '69 C10 many, many years ago. Kinda sorry I sold it. I have owned newer model trucks since then, but lately, I have been yearning for a mid to late sixties C40 or larger to shorten and put a pickup bed on. Sweetie thinks I'm crazy. Am I?
I usually answer to Todd ---------------------------------- Daily Drivers: 2005 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 DRW 6.6L LLY/Allison 5 Speed 1989 GMC C7000 TopKick Pickup 3208T Caterpillar/Eaton-Fuller 6 Speed
Project Truck (SOLD): 1969 C50 Farm Truck 292c.i. w/SM465 tranny and 2-speed rear
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2000 Posts: 1,181 Red dot, center of chest ... | | Red dot, center of chest ... Joined: Mar 2000 Posts: 1,181 | Yes, you are crazy. Which is exactly why you're in the right place. Welcome to the bolt. | | | | | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 7,440 Bolter | | Bolter Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 7,440 | Welcome to the Stovebolt madness. There is no cure! 
Martin '62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress) '47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project) ‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily) ‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence) “I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one! Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop! USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)
| | | | | Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 2,414 Former Workshop Owner | | Former Workshop Owner Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 2,414 | Hey STPETE, sounds like a great project. Still quite a few big ones out there looking for some attention.
Welcome to the "Bolt"
John
~ J Lucas 2006 GMC Envoy 4.2 I6 2023 Ram 2500/Cumins 6.7 I6 2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee (Wife’s) 2002 Silverado 2500 Gas 6.0 1941 Chevy 1/2-Ton 1942 Chevy 1.5-Ton SWBIn the Gallery My Flicker Photos! | | | | | Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 3,442 Moderator - The Electrical Bay | | Moderator - The Electrical Bay Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 3,442 | Welcome to the bolt.. nothing wrong with a big ole pickemuptruck
Another quality post. Real Trucks Rattle HELP! The Paranoids are after me!
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2010 Posts: 1,710 back yard wrench turner | | back yard wrench turner Joined: Sep 2010 Posts: 1,710 | Welcome to another Florida 'Bolter Wayne1938 1-Ton Farm TruckStovebolt Gallery Forums1989 Silverado 1996 Mustang GT convertible When I die, I hope she doesn't sell everything for what I told her I paid for it! | | | | | Joined: Dec 2015 Posts: 2,063 Big Bolt Forum Moderator | | Big Bolt Forum Moderator Joined: Dec 2015 Posts: 2,063 | | | | | | Joined: Oct 2019 Posts: 15 No Longer a Big Bolt Owner | | No Longer a Big Bolt Owner Joined: Oct 2019 Posts: 15 | Yes, you are crazy. Which is exactly why you're in the right place. Welcome to the bolt. Thanks, Paul. Feeling the love! Welcome to the Stovebolt madness. There is no cure!  Thank you, Martin. Hey STPETE, sounds like a great project. Still quite a few big ones out there looking for some attention.
Welcome to the "Bolt"
John Thanks, John. Most of the trucks I'm finding are in the farm belt (of course). Hard to find anything like it down here south of The South. Welcome to the bolt.. nothing wrong with a big ole pickemuptruck Thanks. I agree, currently driving a 2005 3500DRW. Welcome to another Florida 'Bolter Thanks, Wayne. Todd, here, from the 'Burg. Thanks, Mike.
I usually answer to Todd ---------------------------------- Daily Drivers: 2005 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 DRW 6.6L LLY/Allison 5 Speed 1989 GMC C7000 TopKick Pickup 3208T Caterpillar/Eaton-Fuller 6 Speed
Project Truck (SOLD): 1969 C50 Farm Truck 292c.i. w/SM465 tranny and 2-speed rear
| | | | | Joined: Jul 2004 Posts: 2,988 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2004 Posts: 2,988 | Welcome aboard! You would not be the first one to attempt such a project. Keep us posted on your search. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 3,409 Crusty Old Sarge | | Crusty Old Sarge Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 3,409 | Welcome to the site, be sure to check in at the Southern Bolters forum.
~ Craig 1958 Viking 4400"The Book of Thor"Read the story in the DITY1960 Chevrolet C10"A Family Heirloom"Follow the story in the DITY Gallery'59 Apache 31, 327 V8 (0.030 over), Muncie M20 4 Speed, GM 10 Bolt Rear... long term project (30 years and counting) If you don't like driving yourTruck, you won't drive yourTruck..| Living life in the SLOW lane | | | | | Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 1,969 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 1,969 | Welcome. Trucks like that are really cool. Good luck!
Professional Novice
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | Welcome to the Stovebolt. The journey is worth the trip! go for it.......see you around the garage. | | | | | Joined: Oct 2019 Posts: 15 No Longer a Big Bolt Owner | | No Longer a Big Bolt Owner Joined: Oct 2019 Posts: 15 | Welcome aboard! You would not be the first one to attempt such a project. Keep us posted on your search. Thank you, Rich. Once I find a truck, I'm hoping to find someone on here that has done it, to pick their brain. Welcome to the site, be sure to check in at the Southern Bolters forum. Thanks, Craig. I saw the forum. Haven't checked it out, yet. Welcome. Trucks like that are really cool. Good luck! Thanks. I have loved big trucks since I was a kid (a long time ago). The bigger, the better. Welcome to the Stovebolt. The journey is worth the trip! go for it.......see you around the garage. Thank you. I feel like this is a great group.
I usually answer to Todd ---------------------------------- Daily Drivers: 2005 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 DRW 6.6L LLY/Allison 5 Speed 1989 GMC C7000 TopKick Pickup 3208T Caterpillar/Eaton-Fuller 6 Speed
Project Truck (SOLD): 1969 C50 Farm Truck 292c.i. w/SM465 tranny and 2-speed rear
| | |
| |