The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Charles in CA, IHPWR, Otto Skorzeny, 1955 1 Series), 155 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,107
Posts1,056,225
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 41
K
'Bolter
'Bolter
K Offline
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 41
Hi,
I have a short bed stepside truck and using an aftermarket chassis. I already sold me original frame. Can anyone provide the dimensions between different mounting holes on the frame?
Specifically:
from the front cab mount to the rear cab mount
Front cab mount to the front bed mount
Front cab mount to the rear bed sill mount

Thanks in advance.

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Maybe this will help?? 1/2 ton may be the same up until 54 but not positive.

http://chevy.oldcarmanualproject.com/shop/1948_51truck/51ctsm0202.htm


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 41
K
'Bolter
'Bolter
K Offline
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 41
Thanks. I've tried that but doesn't have the info I need.

Joined: May 2015
Posts: 11,067
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 11,067
Here's some frame hole dimensions from the FAM
All referenced from the front of the dash.
Front Body Mount - 13.186"
Rear Body Mount - 50.186"
Front Bed Mount - 62.75"
Rear Bed Mount - 133.688" (this is the rearmost hole in the frame.)

Hope that helps.


Kevin
1951 Chevy 3100 work truck
Follow this saga in Project Journal
Photos
1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car)
Busting rust since the mid-60's
If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 41
K
'Bolter
'Bolter
K Offline
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 41
Just what I needed, Thanks!


Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0