The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (lumbersawyer, Otto Skorzeny, DHedrick), 111 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,088
Posts1,056,413
Members48,443
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1231428 08/22/2017 3:48 PM
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 55
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 55
Hi Im new to this site and recently purchased a, what was titled a 1944 1.5 ton flatbed. Thanks to the Stovebolt site and the helpful folks here, I found out that its a MS model 1942. Either way I love the truck. Runs great, shifts good, brakes (front) kinda squeaky (rear) great. I went through all the electrical and got everything working, even the horn, beep beep. I shortened and narrowed the bed then redesigned the stake railing. Had a great guy (retired Hot Rod painter) come out from Arizona to Calif. to hand apply my door logos then he ages them to perfection to match the existing patina. Way to many things that Ive done to list but she is a eye catcher. Here is a before photo as well as some after photos....enjoy

Again thanks to Stovebolt and the knowledgeable folks here.

Gregg

https://goo.gl/photos/gcj6JJFGcmravSkZ7
https://goo.gl/photos/eGfgn9NKB4RiSWM27
https://goo.gl/photos/hRRPrQUuSkt889fFA
https://goo.gl/photos/jZZGxnQXzZuwDtfD6
https://goo.gl/photos/6afRxwZXpaxqUNwCA
https://goo.gl/photos/LCNWgBefM1dn58bS7

Last edited by GreggE; 09/01/2017 2:09 PM.
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,988
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,988
Great looking truck! My favorite body style!


Rich
1947 Loadmaster
1947 Chev. Loadmaster
1959 Chev. Viking 40

Life is short--eat dessert first!
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
simply put..... I LIKE IT.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 667
T
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
T Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 667
LOVE those Art Deco front ends! And that is a great one. Super find and a great bring back.


1946 1.5-Ton Chevy Shorty Bus
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Tango's 1946 Chevy "Skoolie" Project
All my best --- Tango

Moderated by  J Lucas 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0