Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
1 members (78buckshot),
112
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,136 Posts1,056,425 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jan 2016 Posts: 12 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jan 2016 Posts: 12 | Is there any other seat that will fit in a 1936 low cab pickup? I have seen pictures of what I think was a 1937 seat in a 36 but what I have read the 37 was split bottom because of the gas tank under the seat. I guess that would be alright if it fit my 36? | | | | | Joined: Mar 2003 Posts: 315 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2003 Posts: 315 | The seat for the 1937 GMC was different than the 1936 GMC, since they used the same cab as the Chevrolet I would guess that the same would apply | | | | | Joined: Jan 2016 Posts: 12 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jan 2016 Posts: 12 | Thanks for the quick answer, guess I'll keep looking for the real McCoy. Nice looking truck by the way. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | True '37 bottom seats are spilt. Had to raise the passenger side half up to put gas in the 1/2 ton 37. Mine is till that way!. | | | | | Joined: Jan 2016 Posts: 12 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jan 2016 Posts: 12 | That is what I understand to, but will a 37 seat fit in a 36? Will any other year fit my 36 low cab? Does anyone have good pictures of the 36 seat, top, bottom, pics of the frame and springs, mounting hardware if any, how it attaches to cab, I don't know anything about the seat for my truck, just need info so if I find one I will know what to look for. thanks for the help | | | | | Joined: Jan 2000 Posts: 2,074 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2000 Posts: 2,074 | Any good upholstery shop should be able to make that simple seat from a photo. May be the best way to go as the stock ones today may not be good for anything but a pattern. Best of luck | | | | | Joined: Jan 2016 Posts: 12 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jan 2016 Posts: 12 | I know a real good upholstery man, but I think it would help to have some pics and some dimensions of an original one, if any body can supply them to me. That way when I'm at a swap meet and happen to get lucky and spot a set, I'll be ready to snag them up. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2009 Posts: 8 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Dec 2009 Posts: 8 | theres a 37 seat on ebay now | | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | Old Indy, you may want to PM Joe "6cylindersovertexas". He knows a lot about 37 and I'd bet he can answer your direct question. | | | | | Joined: Jan 2016 Posts: 12 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jan 2016 Posts: 12 | Thanks but I don't know how to use the directory to find his email address. What's his display name? | | | | | Joined: Jan 2016 Posts: 12 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jan 2016 Posts: 12 | I found it and sent him a note Thanks | | | | | Joined: Mar 2003 Posts: 315 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2003 Posts: 315 | Old Indy, pm your email address and I will send you measurements and photos of my seat. | | |
| |