The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
7 members (RdsLessTaken, TUTS 59, Jay R, Otto Skorzeny, 68ironhead, Phak1, 1 invisible), 99 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,136
Posts1,056,428
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1146727 01/27/2016 12:21 AM
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 12
O
New Guy
New Guy
O Offline
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 12
Is there any other seat that will fit in a 1936 low cab pickup? I have seen pictures of what I think was a 1937 seat in a 36 but what I have read the 37 was split bottom because of the gas tank under the seat. I guess that would be alright if it fit my 36?

Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 315
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 315
The seat for the 1937 GMC was different than the 1936 GMC, since they used the same cab as the Chevrolet I would guess that the same would apply


1936 GMC T-14 1/2-Ton Pickup
In the Stovebolt Gallery
In the Gallery Forum
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 12
O
New Guy
New Guy
O Offline
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 12
Thanks for the quick answer, guess I'll keep looking for the real McCoy. Nice looking truck by the way.

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
True '37 bottom seats are spilt. Had to raise the passenger side half up to put gas in the 1/2 ton 37. Mine is till that way!.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 12
O
New Guy
New Guy
O Offline
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 12
That is what I understand to, but will a 37 seat fit in a 36? Will any other year fit my 36 low cab?
Does anyone have good pictures of the 36 seat, top, bottom, pics of the frame and springs, mounting hardware if any, how it attaches to cab, I don't know anything about the seat for my truck, just need info so if I find one I will know what to look for.
thanks for the help

Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 2,074
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 2,074
Any good upholstery shop should be able to make that simple seat from a photo. May be the best way to go as the stock ones today may not be good for anything but a pattern.
Best of luck


It's easier to get forgiveness than permission!
1946 1/2-Ton Chevy
1953 Chevy 3/4-ton Factory Stakebed
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 12
O
New Guy
New Guy
O Offline
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 12
I know a real good upholstery man, but I think it would help to have some pics and some dimensions of an original one, if any body can supply them to me. That way when I'm at a swap meet and happen to get lucky and spot a set, I'll be ready to snag them up.

Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 8
R
New Guy
New Guy
R Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 8
theres a 37 seat on ebay now

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Old Indy, you may want to PM Joe "6cylindersovertexas". He knows a lot about 37 and I'd bet he can answer your direct question.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 12
O
New Guy
New Guy
O Offline
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 12
Thanks but I don't know how to use the directory to find his email address. What's his display name?

Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 12
O
New Guy
New Guy
O Offline
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 12
I found it and sent him a note
Thanks

Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 315
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 315
Old Indy, pm your email address and I will send you measurements and photos of my seat.


1936 GMC T-14 1/2-Ton Pickup
In the Stovebolt Gallery
In the Gallery Forum

Moderated by  ndkid275, Phak1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0