Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
8 members (55shaker, MickeyP, Bill Hanlon, 3B, Gdads51, Ridgeback, Gray_Ghost, 32Fordpuchoptop),
112
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,118 Posts1,056,304 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Feb 2011 Posts: 170 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2011 Posts: 170 | Does anyone have a picture of the cloth molding (similar to the one on the cowl) that goes at the front of the hood? I don't know the correct name for the small filler panel that attaches to the fenders, but these go on it under the hood. Thanks, Scott | | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | Scott, IF I understand you correctly I honestly don't know. However, on my 37 I used the same stuff that went across the cowl on the front edge of the radiator surround that the front of the hood fits against. I just don't remember if I just used it or that was what was originally used?. I may be totally wrong. | | | | | Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 1,554 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 1,554 | I think you are talking about the fender extensions. I used the same material that I used on the rear of the hood. Dave 1941 Chevy"First rebuild - complete!"Follow the story in the DITY1941 GMC resting peacefully 1946/1947 Chevy Street rod on s10 frame complete 1945 GMC panel truck in line for restoration 1941 Plymouth stock complete 1941 GMC COE in restoration processRead his Project Journal1941 Chevy Coe uncertain future resting now
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2010 Posts: 1,707 back yard wrench turner | | back yard wrench turner Joined: Sep 2010 Posts: 1,707 | Hood lacing is what it's called. I had my wife sew some for me. She used a small diameter rope and something like duck cloth. I don't know if anyone makes it. I can take a photo tomorrow in the daylight if you want. Wayne1938 1-Ton Farm TruckStovebolt Gallery Forums1989 Silverado 1996 Mustang GT convertible When I die, I hope she doesn't sell everything for what I told her I paid for it! | | | | | Joined: Feb 2011 Posts: 170 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2011 Posts: 170 | I know it belongs there, there were small pieces of it held on with small clutch head screws. I just don't know what they did on the ends, how long etc. There are slots at the top and bottom but I don't know if they are used in any way. A picture of it installed or still in tact would be very helpful. Thanks Scott | | | | | Joined: Jan 2000 Posts: 2,074 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2000 Posts: 2,074 | I think this is the stuff. Also, I believe the lacing tucks in the slot and is held in place with a screw on the engine side. Been a while since I've seen a truck with this stuff, looks correct and has a vintage look over the rubber stuff. http://stores.restorationspecialties.com/flat-hood-lace/
Last edited by JiMerit Boltr#43; 07/16/2015 3:29 PM.
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2010 Posts: 1,707 back yard wrench turner | | back yard wrench turner Joined: Sep 2010 Posts: 1,707 | I reread your request. Mine doesn't have the front hood lacing. This rear lacing is mine installed but not to VCCA standards. click
Last edited by Wayne67vert; 07/17/2015 10:53 AM.
Wayne1938 1-Ton Farm TruckStovebolt Gallery Forums1989 Silverado 1996 Mustang GT convertible When I die, I hope she doesn't sell everything for what I told her I paid for it! | | | | | Joined: Oct 2012 Posts: 182 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2012 Posts: 182 | I don't have any closeup pictures, but can describe it:
The lacing was fabric and had three ribs, unlike the widely available reproductions which have two ribs. Unlike the lacing on the cowl, there was no wire running down the middle. The sections were held in place with two hex/clutch head screws with no washers or other devices to clamp the lacing down. The lacing was long enough to poke through the two slots at the top and the bottom and maybe 1/4" to 3/8" went through to the other side. | | | | | Joined: Jan 2000 Posts: 2,074 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2000 Posts: 2,074 | If you click on pics of my 46 one shows the lacing at the front of hood. | | | | | Joined: Feb 2011 Posts: 170 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2011 Posts: 170 | Thanks guys, I had just enough left from the cowl. Looks great! Thanks, Scott | | |
| |