The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (David Bush, IHPWR, Gdads51), 127 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,142
Posts1,056,472
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 127
B
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
B Offline
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 127
I'M BACK AFTER YEARS OF BEING AWAY!!!! I now have the money to restore my truck!!

Anyways - Which sandblaster/media blaster is the best? I'm going to be buying a new compressor as well, but want to know about the sandblaster. I know nothing about these. Any advice? Particular brands? I want to save money where I can. I want a descent one, but nothing expensive! Thanks in advance!!


1952 Chevy 5 Window Restoration
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 3,399
D
Gas Pumper
Gas Pumper
D Offline
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 3,399
Expensive is a relative term. It gets even more relative when you consider the pain you go through going too cheap. I started with a $39.95 Sears Siphon blaster. Wow! I wouldn't want to go through that again! Here is all the wisdumb I have accumulated over the years on this. If its an inside the shop media blaster, TP Tools is THE go-to resource.

http://devestechnet.com/Home/SandBlasting


Deve

1950 Chevy 3100 Deluxe Cab
1950 Chevy 3100 Standard Cab
In the Stovebolt Gallery
The Think Tank
More info and tips at Deve's Technet
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
TP TOOLS.... nice cabinet, not the biggest, but you can expect to pay around 1200 for one with the vac system. I've had my cabinet for about 14 years. Its great. Be sure to get at least a compressor that is a two stage 175psi with around 17-19cfm at 90 psi and an 80gal tank.
Others will have a lot more input than me but this is what I feel is the least to go with if you do much blasting at all. My compressor, like the one describe above, runs a lot but will "catch up" on continuous blasting.
Do it once....do it right.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile

Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0