The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Hanks custodian, KEVINSKI, DadsFirstPickup, Ponchogl), 224 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,108
Posts1,056,230
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 117
B
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
B Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 117
Just bought a '64 C10 project truck. It needs some help all over, but not least of all in the floors. Here's the passenger side:

[img]http://www.cesa12.k12.wi.us/gallery/albums/ar1964C10/abm.sized.jpg[/img]

The driver's side is similar (several more gory photos on my website) and the [uninstalled] partial patch panels that came with the truck (picture below) don't begin to cover everything that needs to be replaced. I've been looking for a few days and it seems that what I have are pretty much the only size available, so now I'm asking if there are options I'm not yet aware of that would cover a greater surface area. Here's what I've got (one per side, obviously):

[img]http://www.cesa12.k12.wi.us/gallery/albums/ar1964C10/abe.sized.jpg[/img]

Thanks for any info! smile

Brent

Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,068
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,068
May want to look for a better cab to start with. Unless you are planning a 100 point resto, most of the floor can be hand formed. Weld in the custom pieces that are available and make the rest. Our 60-66 trucks aren't the hot item on the aftermarket scene yet but it's getting better.
Good luck,
Scott


Scott Ward

2 1948 1.5-ton Loadmasters
The red one and The snow pusher
1 1950 3100
1 1955.1 Chevy 6500
1 1954 Chevy 6500 2-Ton
1 1955 1st Series COE 5700
1 1963 K20 (454)
1 1964 C10 (350)
1 1951 1.5-ton Dump Truck
1953 and a 1956 Ford F800

Raising a teenager is like trying to nail Jello to a tree!
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 117
B
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
B Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 117
Quote
Originally posted by 48bigtrucks:
May want to look for a better cab to start with.
I thought about that, but here in salty northern Wisconsin I don't think there's going to be anything local and I don't have the means to travel south for a cab. That pretty much leaves the option of fixing what I have. No 100-point resto here -- just looking for the easiest way to get a large expanse of metal to replace a large expanse of rust and figured if I could get it in one piece instead of piecing it together, well.... smile

Brent

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 55
K
Member
Member
K Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 55
I also looked and found only the individual pans for each side.

Here is a pic of mine...NOTE: I had a buddy do the work on mine after he did his 64 and a couple of other 66's, and he said due to the aftermarket design there is no way around a little creative manufacturing during replacement, but I'm happy with what he accomplished on mine.

http://pic5.picturetrail.com:80/VOL92/799532/3957616/51169479.jpg


Sittin' Pretty in My Old Kentucky Home.
http://www.picturetrail.com/barneysbowtie
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 117
B
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
B Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 117
I was especially frustrated this evening when I came across a full pan for '55-59 in one of the online catalogs. Ah, well. Maybe they'll be available by the time I'm actually ready to do the work ... or more likely, the day AFTER I patch it together on my own.

Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 154
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 154
Brent, i hear ya man. its no fun with the floor boards. i have a very wide area to cover with my 67 LWB. After sitting out in my uncles field for god-knows how long, there basically is no floor. sooo...yes. sheet metal from an old whisky sign seems to be the prescription. Rust-sconsin isn't nice to use steel lovers.

but hey. best of luck.

SamWise.
.for every 1 mile of road theres 2 mile of ditches.
.its been real.its been fun.it hasn't been real fun.


1969 K20 , with a '67 front clip. fleetside. 292, 3x1 offy, headers. sm465 4spd. getting put back together, almost ready for paint.
doing it all myself.
19 and lovin' it.

"proper" is so over-rated.

.later days.
.sam.
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 117
B
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
B Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 117
Quote
Originally posted by samwise68:
Rust-sconsin isn't nice to use steel lovers.
Small world! My wife and I got married in Rhinelander. (She graduated from RHS in '92 and we met the next year in college at UW-Eau Claire.) smile

Brent


Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0