A new bolter joined up from Brazil in the welcome centre. While looking at a couple video's of one of his vehicles I ran across this video and thought this would be a good place to post this one. I find it interesting. Stovebolting is just that, Stovebolting, no matter where you live!!
Interesting that I just ran into a framing carpenter locally whose Dad restored a 62 Chevy Brasil in Sao Paulo. I'll post pictures next week. Apparently Chevy made the equivalent of a 3100 just for the South American market. Styling was adjusted for South American tastes.
Wonder what is costs to import a truck from Brazil...
Wouldn't doubt it was a 61 model. Still using parts designed for 55-57 American models. Also, I might ad, in England my Grandfather had a Bedford truck that is an English Chevrolet equivalent looks very similar to the Brazil model except right hand drive.
Last edited by sstock; 03/13/20145:09 AM.
1953 Chevrolet 3100 261 cu inch, sm420, 3.55 rear, torque tube still,omaha orange, still 6 volt, RPO green glass, side carrier spare, all done In the DITY Gallery Video of the 261 running
1964 GMC 1000 305 Big Block V6, sm420, the next cab off restoration
Back in the 70's-80's Mexico Build Chevy pickups used the current cab shell but the back glass was more like that of a small window '67 and the grill was similar looking but different from USA trucks. Bed was current but the tail lights were 1967 models, tail gates hook and chain and "CHEVROLET" font was unique. They were also badged as "DINA".
Now a days, I don't know about GMs there but Ford Super Duty F Series look the same as ours but use different components and powertrain options, For example they all don't have rear disk brakes and manual transmissions are still available.