"I took it out for a test drive and it works great. I got up to about 70mph (according to the GPS) at around 2600rpm. Before the overdrive I was at 3000rpm at 55mph. The governor works properly. It won't shift into overdrive in 1st gear. When you shift into 2nd it goes into 2nd "under." Rev it up to speed let off on the gas and it jumps into 2nd over. The only issue I have found is that when you shift from 2nd into 3rd gear it goes straight into 3rd over. I don't get 3rd under unless I use the kickdown switch to drop it down. I thought it was supposed to drop down automatically when you shift up to another gear."

And this is the exact reason that I use a switch to go to third under for almost 15 years on a daily driver only vehicle 3sp+od. Second gear, second over, switch, third gear, switch, third over. The switch idea was offered to me by a good friend, Jack Halton. When you have one of these you understand perfectly how the 'kickdown' doesn't make sense...You are thinking to yourself..."I'm flooring it to hit a switch to do what? I'm going from 2nd over to third over, I want to go into third!?!?!?!?" I use a relay and use my push-pull switch in the choke location (have an elec. choke).

Congrats on your find and installation.

Regards,

Cosmo


~ Cosmo
1949 Chevy Half Ton
Rocinante, like Don Quixote, he is awkward, past his prime, and engaged in a task beyond his capacities.
"...my good horse Rocinante, mine eternal and inseparable companion in all my journeys and courses." ...Don Quixote, Cervantes
"If you come to a fork in the road, take it."...Yogi Berra
"Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength." ...Eric Hoffer