Ok, one more round of questions:

1. Does anyone have a source/part number for a gasket set for this trans? I pulled the side cover off an kind of jacked up the gasket. I just don't want to spend half an hour in the FLAPS with some kid giving me the trout look from behind the counter.

2. Can I hand activate the kick down switch? I looked all over the carb on my 78 250. I couldn't find any way to get the switch mounted on the carb using the little bracket that came with it. I had the thought that if the switch is activated when I stomp on the gas, why can't I just punch it by hand. I temp mounted it in the dash using one of the knob wholes from the radio I pulled out. I'm thinking that when I want to shift down out of overdrive I could just reach over and press the switch.

3. With an HEI distributor on the motor, how do I wire the ignition ground circuit. According the to manual the circuit is required to temporarily kill the ignition when you stomp the gas and activate the kick down switch. Is that function absolutely necessary and if so, how can I wire it into my HEI distributor?

4. Can I just pull the shifting rods from a 67-72 column shifted truck instead of trying to fabricate/modify the ones I have? I don't have any metal fabrication skills or equipment so I'd rather avoid any fab requirements.

I temp installed the pull cable and the wiring for the trans over the weekend. I spend a while redoing some splicing that had been done. I pulled all the electrical tape off and soldered and heat-shrinked the joints. Friday is a training holiday so I plan on hitting a local junk yard to pick up the fine spline yoke I need and hopefully some new shifting arms.

I'm so close I can taste it. This is exciting.


Thanks

Larry