Vaughn -

wink This a great example of the usefulness, beauty and power of The Stovebolt Page to me. Here is a good, clear, understandable explanation of something that almost everyone has wondered about - even the guys running generators, because they have considered alternators, but many times don't understand the alternator and it's functions. I appreciate the time you took to write that and thank you!

I have one question. Explain better, if you would please, where you should hook the one wire to. You say "guys will hook it to the battery and it will drain the battery when the truck is off". Where should it be hooked? :confused:

Thank you again!!
Joe smile


"Truckin' Around .......... Since 1937!"
My name is Joe and I am addicted to Classic Country Music. I just can't hep myself.
Operators are standing by to take your calls!
Now cruising in the Passing Lane