Ah that explains it, that is semi old thinking, I have been researching this off and on for a while. Because at work we try to reduce our inventory of lubricants we use and we have it narrowed down pretty good, even Nascar is using 0w30, or 5w30. It seems a lot of things I, and a lot of other people have been taught as gospel, is wrong...in many arenas, such as ac synchronous motors, running at 30 HZ, which I was taught was an impossibility, but is now standard practice with VFD's, there was an article in popular mechanics recently about some fella making a race car that is completely different than anything else, rendering all conventional ideas somewhat flawed. I am just the right age to have seen old school, turn into modern that often directly contradicts the old technology that was touted as fact. I did find an article that was written by a lubrication engineer that was pretty interesting.