Now that I have a bike (1100 Virago) I can spend some quality summer evenings sweating under the front end of my '51 half ton.

I replaced the king pins and bushings several years ago and they are still tight. I also installed a front disc brake kit and it has served me well. I now embark on getting the steering tightened up.

I removed the tie rod and drag link and noted that all the ball studs were worn horribly out of round. I remember reading some time back about converting the ball and socket style rod ends to more modern tie rod ends. Who offers the best kit or components to do this? I did do a search and did not find any definitive answers.

So...... if you had to do it all over again, who's parts would you use?

Last edited by Racecarl; 06/20/2012 5:04 AM.

Remember 9-11-01--God Bless the USA
JUSTICE, not REVENGE, will prevail

1951 Chevy 1/2-ton Pickup truck