There is a method in the tech tips I have been following and have so far taken it apart and acquired the 3 parts:

http://www.stovebolt.com/techtips/draglink_adjustable.html

I could not get the plug out of the drag link on my truck but since it was snug with no play and moved reasonably well I just lubed it and let it go until now and here’s what I found. Now I know the cups can rotate off the relieved portion and gnaw at the ball shank and eventually break it off. Removed view. big_eek

The new tie rod ends have a different taper angle on them so I either need 2 tapered tools or a different one that matches. Here’s what I know about the components so far:


Napa 269-1118 – sleeve Moog # ES 426 S application: 72-78 Ford LTD

Napa 269-2078 outer tie rod end Moog # ES 403 R application: 71-76 Chevrolet Caprice

Napa 269-2225 – inner tie rod end Moog #ES 288 L application: 61-68 Dodge D100


More to follow.


1952 1300 Canadian 1/2 ton restomod
You Tube