Still very confused. I got my alignment tool and installed the 3 speed. Still appears to be no give in either direction. What am I missing? When I tighten the bolts for the pressure plate the "fingers" (diaphram springs) gradually went in. My assumption is that the figers are what are putting pressure on the clutch disc so it touches the flywheel. Corrrect? So maybe here's the question to ask. Is the throwout bearing supposed to push the fingers in further (towards the front of the truck) or pull them out somehow towards the back of the truck?
I'm sure I now sound like a complete fool but what the heck......I'm stumped and I can not find any diagrams or text that makes it clear.
As for the disc being in backwards, it appears that if I put it in the other way the springs on it would hit the bolts on the flywheel when it is spining. I'm pretty sure I got that one right.
Help, guidance, photos, anything that may help is appreciated.