It's been a few months and I am back to trying to solve this mystery. I have the cab off being painted so I have all the room in the world to get to this and finally fix it. I am pulling everything apart again today but thought I would post this thought to see if someone has a similar experience.
As discussed earlier in this post, I believe I have my clutch disc installed correctly, as I tighted inthe pressure plate the metal fingers move in (towards the flywheel). When everything is hucked up it does not seem that there is any more give for the throwout bearing to push those fingers any further in.
Here's my question. I bought the presure plate from Jim Carter's as a rebuilt. Is it possible that the rebuilt pressure plate was assembled incorrectly? I'll post later today with the results of pulling everything apart again. I already have the 3 speed removed and am now workin on the pressure plate.
Last edited by Sheridan; 02/24/2008 11:12 PM.