Allan,

Before you blast, look at the paint under the gasket between the motor and the case. It will probably be the original paint. Use it to match the color and texture of the new paint.

I used Hammerite Bronze rattle can HAM-41185 Hammerite Rust Cap Bronze. Pretty good color match, but the hammer-texture is much more intense than the original. My spraying techique may be partially to blame. Other forum members have used Rustolium. Denny has a good photo of a number of paints relative to the original paint.

Check to see if your heater still has a rubber bumper on the defroster door and on the case. Protect them - replacements not available.

Good luck,

- Lonnie


- Lonnie
My '54 3104
Photos that I have shared on Stovebolt via PhotoBucket are no longer available. Please contact me if you want a photo from an old post.
lonniecook [at] aol [dot] com. I sold my '54 3104 12/12/2017, but I still visit Stovebolt.

OLD STUFF ... houses, furniture, cars, wine ... I love it all