I repainted my heater with Hammerite Rust Cap Bronze two weeks ago. The paint job turned out great with a nice smooth finish. I very lightly sanded the primer with 600 grit sand paper and applied the first coat of Hammerite very thin, so that I could still see the color of the primer through the paint. After about 12 minutes I applied the second coat maybe a bit heavier. 12 minutes later I applied the third and final coat. I was going to use four coats but was so pleased with the results I stopped at three. I think it is important to allow 10 to 15 minutes between coats and put your coats on nice and thin. Also practice a little before you paint your heater to see how the fan spray effects the paint texture.
My heater now looks so nice that I'm looking for an old crappy one to put in my truck so I can hang this one on the wall in the living room.
