Summer's here, why bother! Nah, that's not right. You ask, should you put it in your truck? Sure, ya got the heater finished now and that's like the first brick in the wall. I see new wheels also in one of your pictures, next maybe the grill or more of the interior, maybe clean up the engine bay. Working on these trucks has a domino effect, one thing leads to another and in a few years you've got a restored truck in you stable and you have to make room for it in the garage cuz it's to nice to leave out in the rain.
I've tried to do all the small week or two jobs so I can keep driving my truck and the result is that the final finish and body work is the last thing on the list. That's the reason everyone that looks at my truck thinks it looks like a rat. But I know underneath the dings, dents and three coats of odd rattle can paint that there is a solid body and mechanically new truck.
Oh, and thanks a bunch for posting those pictures of the heater. That truly did turn out great. I've got several fresh air and a recirculating heater here that need repaint and I'm gonna have to give your method a try. Hope my results are half as good as yours. Seems like I’ve tried a lot at a time and a bunch of little before but my end product always ended up looking line it was “hammered”.
Denny Graham
Sandwich, IL
Last edited by Denny Graham; 05/07/2011 11:15 AM.