I tried using a large port behind the carb on my Edelbrock Performer intake to provide vacuum to my pass side rear located pcv valve. Hookup was a no-brainer until I started noting that my air/fuel mixture gauge was indicating VERY lean. Back cylinders weren't getting the same amount of fuel as the fronts and there was a noticeable increase in temperature in the #7 and #8 cylinders.

Switching the pvc pickup to the front designated pvc vacuum port of the Edelbrock carb solved the lean air/fuel issue. The small port on your intake isn't going to support a fully functional PCV setup. I think in your case I'd use a 1" riser block under the 2 bbl, tapped for a hose barb. That way you aren't causing an imbalance between the cylinders. Add the PCV to the pass side valve cover with a grommet and you'll be in business.

BTW.....capping off barbed vacuum ports with rubber caps WILL come back to bite you if you don't monitor their condition. Think I have picks of the PCV setup in my webshots "Hot Rod" album.

Dave



Webshot "Tips and tricks" and "Shoebox" Photo Albums

EXPERIENCE is the best teacher...but it gives the test first...and the lesson afterwards.

"What this generation tolerates...the next will embrace"