Well I decided to try the "drill a hole in a valve cover" approach.
I was going to put it on the passenger side and before I drilled the hole I checked to see if the fitting I was using cleared.
Lo and behold the firewall is really close and it did not look like it would clear!

I checked the driver side cover for clearance and it had more room so I drilled the driver side rear of the cover. I used a brass plumbing fixture and used some threaded rods to screw into it that are for lamps as I wanted non-pipe threads in order to use a nut on it on both sides of the cover with some loctite and RTV.

I also made a baffle out of sheet metal and folded it to fit the small amount of space at the end of the valve cover. There is less than you would think as the metal valve covers slope on the ends. But I have clearance.

I drilled and threaded the valve cover and threaded the fitting into the cover and into the baffle and then tightened the thin nuts down with loctite and then closed the baffle at the bottom. There is plenty of air flow and hopefully will also keep much of the oil out as most of the open area is at the bottom.

I took some pictures and will post a link in a while. I am hoping this works better than my old method. There should be lots of flow as long as there is vacuum as the hole seems large enough. And everything seems pretty secure.

Time will tell.