Thanks for the feedback Jerry, Ron.

I've purchased both a ball joint separator and a pitman arm puller and reviewed the steering connecting rod (drag link)removal process in the Manual.

The Manual designates an "axle end" and a "gear end", which is a little confusing, since the drag link connects to the pitman arm and the steering arm. Can you relieve my confusion?

To disconnect the drag link, I remove the cotter pin, back off the screw plug, and pull the drag link off of the pitman arm.

I've played with the positioning of the ball joint separator. It would seem that the forked end is against the pitman arm, in between it and the drag link end. The single sided end of the separator is on the outside of the drag link end with the legs of the separator pointing downward.

Does this sound correct?

Thanks.


Dave
The Blue Funk: a '51 3100 4 OTF with a '57 235
In the Gallery
More pix on Photobucket