Hi,
This been on my mind for a long time too.. There are dual AC/Heater kits like this one:
http://www.cbsonline.co.uk/product/UNIVERSAL_AIR_CONDITIONING_%26_HEATER_KIT_AIRCON
There are also pure AC kits like this:
http://simplenet.com.my/ecatalog/seasonair/catalog/CUSTOM_EVAPORATORS-414-0.html#There are kits like this on alibaba too and you can find them on ebay too. I really like the dual heat/AC kit just need to find it cheaper since it's an arm and a leg for it...
I don't see a problem mounting said kits either under the rear seats on a burb or possibly under the ply floor having holes through the plyfloor for the ventilation. That would make it pretty hard to spot and also relatively easy to put back to original.
Here is a sketch of how you possibly could hook up dual or more evaporators to one compressor.
http://www.freepatentsonline.com/6655163-0-large.jpg -- I'm planning to use a A6 compressor (or Pro6TEN if the one I have is broken). The A6 used to drive dual AC setups in Cadillac's factory limo so it should be able to do it in the Burb too - driving under period correct under dash unit and one rear under seat AC/heater unit in the back.
One question I see several people talking about insulating with bubble wrap. I simply don't get it how. In a panel van sure since you might cover the whole load area in ply. But a burb, it has it's steel sides and headliner glued directly to the underside of the steel roof. I don't see it how you can get any type of sheet insulation glued to the inside of the outside Qpanel skins, those access panels are just to tiny.
If there was some way of spraying thick tar and oil based undercoating (that didn't dry out) to the inside of the Qpanels then maybe. Been searching for a way to do that but so far no luck any body knowing how to spray it?
You could foam fill it but that would trap moist and it will rust like nothing else even in Arizona.. so any other ideas?
Cheers Dyna
PS: You just make a Y split (parallel) on your water supply and a second thermostat for the water and you are good to go... or alternatively you can serial it but I think that is not as good of a solution.