Hi panic,
Ohhhhhhhh, okay, makes sense.
As far as I have seen, all Valves have full range of motion, but, they are slow and or pausing then jerking to catch up to close the gap between the Tappet and the end of their Stem...so, hopefully, none are Bent from being hit by the Piston Top...but, this was not a deliberate observation, just that I do not remember anyonbe stayiing 'open' for more than a few seconds once I stopped Cranking ( and, I was only cranking in very short amounts anyway).
Yeahhh...probably be best to pull the Head, and, really make sure all have free travel, none are bent, inspect the Valve Seats for erosion or whatever, and, install the new Springs and Seals that way.
New Head Gasket, too of course...at that point.
Darn...I am so swamped with other obliges right now, I might just pull the Head and drop it off to a place I know of which rebuilds Engines and Heads and so on, and, have them do it.
I'd rather do it myself, but, days are too full already.
Thanks!
Phil
Las Vegas
Last edited by Thriftmaster_Phi; 01/17/2011 10:41 PM.