Hi GrandpasTruck,


I really enjoyed looking through the Album you have for your 1959 Apache. Good looking Truck!

I relate to the many small things and large things one usually has to do to have a 'Been Sitting' be a snug, reliable Daily Driver. Always the neglect and oddities of former owners to get through and make right.


Here's some snap shots of my 1960 'Thriftmaster' Step Van -


http://public.fotki.com/PhilBphil/1960-chevrolet-thri/


As you can see, I have made a few, small 'period-correct-enough' and I hope tasteful changes to a few things, still have some Front Turn Signals to fit in ( as it happens, 1946 Ford Car Parking Lights fit the curve of the front area perfectly, and look REALLYT good there, so, those will be my front Turn Signals ), and the 'new' Front Bumper to make mounts for and get it installed, and, well, a little here and a little there.


I did not know about the Zink thing, I will look into getting an additive.

Last edited by Thriftmaster_Phi; 01/17/2011 4:42 AM.