As always results may very. Make sure you check the free travel of the valve once you remove the valve spring and to run a zinc additive like ZDDP. Oil no longer has a lot of zinc in it due to the EPA. Here is the link to my truck page. Pics at the bottom of my new springs and old. Rockauto.com is the cheapest you will find anywere on springs and seals.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3364051/1959-chevrolet-apache/page-3 Good luck keep me up to date on it.
Well, tomorrow I will go to PepBoys and get some "ZDDP"....drain and flush the Pan, and add new Oil and add the ZDDP also.
I went on-line to Rockauto.com, and, have my New Valve Springs on the way, and, a set of new Seals also.
Woo Hoo!
I drive slow, and lucky me, all my Carpentry Work the last several years, has all been within half a Mile from my Shop, so, even though I drive most every day, it is never far, or over 35 or 40 MPH on the Secondary Streets, so, I did not get the Shims...