Brand new here, hello!

My daily driver is a 1960 Chevrolet Thriftmaster 3/4 Ton Step Van.

Factory 235 with the Carter Ball & Ball updraft carb....has 106,000 original Miles.

Out of no where, the other day, it was hard to start, and, turns out, the Valves are all sticking and not following back "up" to stay close to the Tappets.

What the heck is going on?

I went through things when I got it, and, I have had it in daily use for three years with no issues of any sort, always ran like a Champ, starts buh-da-bing!.


With Valve Cover off, and, cranking it over, you can see the Valves sticking in their wide open position, snapping back with delay or creeping back slowly, merely, to where even some of the Push Rods left their upper socket in the Tappet.


Is this maybe from not using a Lead Additive maybe in the Pump Gas I run? ( like I probably should have been doing? )


Or..?


Phil
Las Vegas

Last edited by Thriftmaster_Phi; 01/17/2011 12:40 AM.