ZDDP has been taken out of some of the name brand oils today. I know Shell Rotella, and Kendall has all the old additives they used to put in years ago.
I was told to put this oil in when I broke in my engine along some EOS from GM.
The guys who put the engine together built a lot of racing engines for sprint and drag cars out here on the west coast.
I used to fly RC Airplanes before my eyes went bad and as we quit for the day I would put some Marvel Mystery Oil and flood them out to keep them free. Just the other day I opened one of the boxes that I keep them in and they are still free and not froze up so that tells me they have a good product. They have been packed away for over 10 years.
62 Blue
Don

Last edited by Don G.; 11/05/2010 4:50 AM. Reason: add on

62Blue
62Chevy in progress
You've never been lost until you've been lost at Mach3" Paul F Crichmore (Test Pilot)