Hi Bill...

Already have a call into the insurance agent, but none of his staff could help me, and he is on vacation. My schedule and his just havent synched up yet. I know he'll be able to do something for me eventually. Had a few minutes to type into Stovebolt, though. It cant hurt to ask. Sure wont get what I'm hopin to find withtout askin. As far as the tax office goes, they dont have any wiggle room on the required bond amount without an appraisal. All 4 times I contacted the regional Dallas office, I've been taken to Stephanie. She's doin her job right, and has my confidence that she will go out of her way to smoothly process and handle this thing. But I've got to find a less-than-average-retial appraisal on my own. The 12K value translates to an $18k bond for about $300. $120 for a $6K bond really is what I'm shootin for, or better. A $4000 appraisal will reel in the $6000 bond requirement...

Next week I may start calling other insurance agents, too. The conflict of interest with the insurance agents is that they make the money either through the bond premiums of an over-priced appraisal, or holding me hostage and charging me for the appraisal.

When Frisco was a small town of 3000 when we moved here, I new the used car dealers and they would have done this for a cup of coffee at the Royal. But now that we're over 90K in population, I dont personally know any dealers in town anymore, and everyone is all greed and no favors...

Maybe I'll get myself a dealers license, and fill the niche for $10 appraisals...

As many "no title" old cars and trucks the are bought and sold around here, I feel like I must be missing some obvious solution somewhere... If not, then demand for a generously priced bond appraisal seems like it would be pretty high...

Last edited by MacX; 12/12/2009 1:21 AM.

1953 Chevy 3100
Father and Son project
In the Stovebolt Gallery
46 GMC 303 1.5T