Mike, if i remember correctly I put bolts/screws or something in them until the stuff sat up pretty good and then took them back out. I had no problems. Since my gas tank lays directly under the seat and I can look directly down into the tank when I put gas in it. I keep a close watch on it over the pass 8 or 9 years and I have always had gas in it. I am honestly pleasantly surprised it still looks so good. Smooth as silk and tough as nails.
I think you'll be satisfied. I just followed those in instructions and did not get in a hurry.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile