I just got done putting a redkote liner in my tank.... I haven't got it back in the truck yet, but my advice is this.

Unless you are a real stickler for original parts...go with a reproduction tank. My tank sealer went in great (as far as I can tell...) but it takes ALOT of time and energy to get it really clean inside. I used electrolysis to get the worst of the crud inside mine (about a 3 weeks worth of time). Then I spent a couple evenings shaking sharp pea gravel around inside. Then I swished a gallon of Phosphoric Acid around inside for about 2 hours, until it was PERFECT shiny metal inside. After that I rinsed w/ water and followed that up with a pint of actone to absorb water and help dry. Then an hour force drying with a hair dryer before actually putting in the liner. All that to say...

I'm glad that I did it... but you might think it's too much work.

If you do decide to go with the liner, make sure that it's really clean and REALLY dry before putting it in.

No tank /Rad shop in my area (KC) would even touch it for less than $160. And EVERY shop in my area I called used Red-Kote, and recommended it. (availiable at O'Reilly's)

Hope this helps a little


Bryan
1954 3104 235 "AD" L-6 3-on-the tree