Well, in theory, that all sounds good. BUT, I, my boss, and the local township road care man spent 45 minutes EACH trying to get the dayton's on the front of his dump truck true..... And we HAD wire brushed the hub and rim.
Also, while the Rim of a dayton may be lighter, the hub is MUCH heavier than a disc wheel..... So in the end, the rolling assembly of a dayton wheel is heavier than the rolling assembly of a disc wheel.
I'll agree they probably are stronger and more rugged, though all the log trucks up here are using aluminum 10-lug hub centered wheels and getting very rough use and no bent rims that I've heard of.......
I'll admit, they look cool.... Though I shudder now when I see them now......
Let's just say this: If I were looking to buy a bus/semi, if it had daytons, I would NOT buy it unless it were a really lucrative deal.