Dayton Wheels are actually lighter than a Disc wheel. Nothings in the middle. Daytons were usually spec'd on heavier trucks for the saving of weight, plus the advantage of a stronger, hub, tire, wheel combination. Less flexing, & no worrying about a bent, or cracked rim. Stress on a Dayton, is on the rim lip, where stress on a Disc. wheel is in the middle. Daytons were easier to change on the roadside. Spare easier to remove from the truck, plus you didn't need a air wrench to remove the tire from the truck. That's why back in the day you saw more Dayton spec'd trucks, than disc. wheel spec'd trucks. I like the look of Daytons, plus I think they look better painted up in multple colors (wheel painted a different color than the Cast hub), than a solid painted Disc wheel. I like the novelty of these Dayton Adapters i have. They were introduced, to the Trucking Industry, for all the purposes stated above.I've worked with both Daytons, & Disc. wheels, in my 27 yaers as a Bus, & Truck Mechanic, & as long as you made sure the lug studs, nuts, wedges, & the edge of the wheel were free of dirt, or rust, making them run tru, was never a problem for me. Always wire brushed the rim lip, & wedges, & kept the bolt threads even all around.